Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2021 9:15 PM
Subject: [nvda] nvda and acapela voices

Hi

Well I tried several acapela voices, all of them froze NVDA. The voices are not working for me on nvda 2021.2. So unfortunately I can’t risk buying them even though I really want to buy the acapela voices! Now if there were sapi5 versions of the engine and voices like codeFactory acapela voices then I would buy them. Or if the voices at least talked even if they said please register this product so I know they work—but they don’t. NVDA freezes and I get no speech. Contacting acapela has gotten me no response at all. I guess I’ll just have to stay with codeFactory eloquence and codeFactory vocalizer. Maybe someday I can buy the acapela voices when they are sapi5 and when they work.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows

Vlad Dragomir

Josh,

Do you happen to have The Code Factory add-on installed as well? If you do, try disabling it and restarting NVDA before trying  again with Acapela. At least for me it solved the problem.

Best,

Vlad.

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>

no the codeFactory addon is not installed at all.