Topics

NVDA and band in a box

philippe.balin@...

Hi the list,

I’m a new comer on this list and I’ve just migrated from Jaws to NVDA.

My knowledge about NVDA i slow.

I would like to know if it’s possible to use Band in a box 2019 with NVDA ?

With Jaws 2019 it’s possible but only with a scripte.

With NVDA, I have access to the different menus, but impossible to have an access no the chords sheet.

If someone I have a solution, I’m very interested.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Philippe

Felix G.

Hi!
As an amateur musician I'd love to know this too. I've been
considering having a good look at Band In A Box for some time now, but
while my schedule would allow it in principle, I want to spend that
time on exploring the musical capabilities rather than the
accessibility shortcomings of the software. There's only so many extra
hoops you want to jump through during your spare time.
Best,
Felix

Am So., 31. Mai 2020 um 16:23 Uhr schrieb <philippe.balin@...>:

Hi the list,

I’m a new comer on this list and I’ve just migrated from Jaws to NVDA.

My knowledge about NVDA i slow.

I would like to know if it’s possible to use Band in a box 2019 with NVDA ?

With Jaws 2019 it’s possible but only with a scripte.

With NVDA, I have access to the different menus, but impossible to have an access no the chords sheet.

If someone I have a solution, I’m very interested.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Philippe

I know you've asked specifically about Band In A Box, but have you considered other DAWs like Reaper or Cakewalk Sonar?  

It does not look like there are any existing NVDA add-ons for Band In A Box.   Both Reaper and Cakewalk Sonar are less expensive to buy.  Reaper is currently offering a temporary free license in response to the Covid-19 situation, and there is a dedicated group for blind Reaper users called Reapers Without Peepers.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

philippe.balin@...

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your message.

I’m a user of reaper and former user of sonar.

Band in a box it’s not for the same use.

I bought the 2019 version and I’m using with Jaws 2019 and a dedicated scripte.

I plan to leave from Jaws to NVDA and I would lioe to know is someone can use band in a box 2019 with NVDA.

I try it and whe have access to the different menus but not on the chord sheet which the main interest.

I had a lok on the adon list for NVDA and I don’t find easily if there is something linked to band in a box.

A+

Philippe

It’s a reason

De : nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> De la part de Brian Vogel
Envoyé : dimanche 31 mai 2020 23:09
À : nvda@nvda.groups.io
Objet : Re: [nvda] NVDA and band in a box

I know you've asked specifically about Band In A Box, but have you considered other DAWs like Reaper or Cakewalk Sonar?  

It does not look like there are any existing NVDA add-ons for Band In A Box.   Both Reaper and Cakewalk Sonar are less expensive to buy.  Reaper is currently offering a temporary free license in response to the Covid-19 situation, and there is a dedicated group for blind Reaper users called Reapers Without Peepers.
--

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

Phillipe,

I could find one, and only one, message on the NVDA Development Group regarding Band In A Box, Question about writing AppModule for band-in-a-box, and it's quite recent.  This is one of those things that appears to have interest in its infancy.

Not that I don't wish you luck, I do, but I have my doubts about anyone who uses NVDA and NVDA alone having much interaction with BIAB because it requires add-on(s) that are not yet in existence for reasonably full accessibility.

--