nvda and braille displays

dennis huckle

Hello all,

I now use my focus 14 braille display with nvda and it really works well.

One question however.

I want to select three files that are in alphabetical order and copy them to the clipboard before transferring them elsewhere.

Copying and pasting is fine but just how to select the three files I’m not too sure of.

Thanks all,

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

Gerardo Corripio

also where could I find info on with NVDA and the NLS eReader (based on Humanware’s Brailleiant and Camillion 20 models), can one use from the display Alt+f4 and other commands?

Gera

El 9 jun 2021, a la(s) 5:16 a.m., dennis huckle <denniswhuckle@...> escribió:

Hello all,

I now use my focus 14 braille display with nvda and it really works well.

One question however.

I want to select three files that are in alphabetical order and copy them to the clipboard before transferring them elsewhere.

Copying and pasting is fine but just how to select the three files I’m not too sure of.

Thanks all,

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

Rui Fontes

In a PC keyboard you press Control on the first file, maintain pressed and with arrows select the others. Press space in the ones you want to select...

Have you tried to simulate that with the Braille display keys?

Rui Fontes

Às 11:16 de 09/06/2021, dennis huckle escreveu:

Hello all,

I now use my focus 14 braille display with nvda and it really works well.

One question however.

I want to select three files that are in alphabetical order and copy them to the clipboard before transferring them elsewhere.

Copying and pasting is fine but just how to select the three files I’m not too sure of.

Thanks all,

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

dennis huckle

I’ll try that,

Should work but its just getting the combination of braille keys right.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

In a PC keyboard you press Control on the first file, maintain pressed and with arrows select the others. Press space in the ones you want to select...

Have you tried to simulate that with the Braille display keys?

Rui Fontes

Às 11:16 de 09/06/2021, dennis huckle escreveu:

Hello all,

I now use my focus 14 braille display with nvda and it really works well.

One question however.

I want to select three files that are in alphabetical order and copy them to the clipboard before transferring them elsewhere.

Copying and pasting is fine but just how to select the three files I’m not too sure of.

Thanks all,

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

dennis huckle

Hello,

Not sure about that as yet but I feel sure there may be different key combinations for different displays.

If you go to settings and braille, then look at the displays in the list and select the one you are using. If its not there select auto.

Then go to input gestures with your display connected, in braille you should find a list of key combinations listed for that display.

I only use the freedom scientific focus 14 display so can’t really speak about others but hope this gives you some kind of guidance.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

also where could I find info on with NVDA and the NLS eReader (based on Humanware’s Brailleiant and Camillion 20 models), can one use from the display Alt+f4 and other commands?

Gera

El 9 jun 2021, a la(s) 5:16 a.m., dennis huckle <denniswhuckle@...> escribió:

Hello all,

I now use my focus 14 braille display with nvda and it really works well.

One question however.

I want to select three files that are in alphabetical order and copy them to the clipboard before transferring them elsewhere.

Copying and pasting is fine but just how to select the three files I’m not too sure of.

Thanks all,

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

dennis huckle

Hello again,

With the focus you replicate alt f 4 by pressing spacebar and dots 2 5 6.

Hope that works with your display.

Most commands are chorded. That is to say they are used in conjunction with the spacebar.

One example is control is chorded c.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.