Topics

[Nvda and custom lists in Excel

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Calling all you Excel experts!

I would like to insert a custom list into a range of cells in Excel 2010 running on windows 10 with NVDA 2016.1.

I can make a custom list and save it under the Advanced tab where I can see the new custom list fine. However, when I go to the spot where I want to insert the custom list, I first type the first element from the list in the starting cell and highlight the rest of the cells to be filled in. I then press alt>h>f>i>s and hit OK but nothing happens!  This key combination works fine if I am filling down a column of cells with numbers so that part fo the function is working. Can anyone advise me what to do? Is there some other way to copy in a custom list/ The manuals say to use the fill handle. Is the key combination that I describe here not the same as using the fill handle?

All ideas welcome, please.

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

I use the free version of Spam Reader to get rid of spam. The Professional version doesn't have this disclaimer in outgoing emails. Try Spam Reader for free now!

Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 10:46 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to right click using laptop keyboard.

Gene is correct that Shift+F10 generally brings up the context menu for the item with focus.

You may need to use WinKey+B and left arrow until you know that you're on the AVG system tray icon before hitting Shift+F10.

Also, you say you're on a laptop.  You have the very easy option of turning the mousepad on and using the hard mouse buttons.  I have a number of clients who cover the actual pointer manipulation area of the mousepad with a small square of cardboard of the thickness necessary to make it not recognize any touches on their laptop and who then use the native left and right click buttons.

Brian