Topics

NVDA and Edge

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Hi,

I am running Windows 10 (Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.592) and NVDA 2019.2.

I have just downloaded and installed Edge. It locks up my computer completely and even NVDA stops functioning. What must I do? Is there an add-on to NVDA that I need to install?

All the best,

Cearbhall

Adriani Botez

Please look on groups.io on the website for this mailing list at

https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

There are at least 10 conversations called nvda and edge. Before posting a new one, please look for the topic on that website first. That’s why we have an archive of all these chats here.

To answer your question, you need NVDA 2019.3 Beta 2 for the new Edge to work with NVDA.

Best

Adriani

I am running Windows 10 (Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.592) and NVDA 2019.2.

I have just downloaded and installed Edge. It locks up my computer completely and even NVDA stops functioning. What must I do? Is there an add-on to NVDA that I need to install?

All the best,

Cearbhall

Official support is included in 2019.3; I wrote a patch for Windows 10 App Essentials (19.11.5) that will let 2019.2.x users use Edge 79.

Cheers,

Joseph

I am running Windows 10 (Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.592) and NVDA 2019.2.

I have just downloaded and installed Edge. It locks up my computer completely and even NVDA stops functioning. What must I do? Is there an add-on to NVDA that I need to install?

All the best,

Cearbhall

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Adriani,

Thanks, I did se some of the discussion over he past week ut I was not interested in Edge at that time. I will go and look at the discussions now.

First, I will download the new beta.

Thanks for your patience.

All the best,

Cearbhall

I am running Windows 10 (Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.592) and NVDA 2019.2.

I have just downloaded and installed Edge. It locks up my computer completely and even NVDA stops functioning. What must I do? Is there an add-on to NVDA that I need to install?

All the best,

Cearbhall

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Thanks, Joseph.

I really appreciate the immense work that you make available to us!