NVDA and emoji keyboard #addonrelease

JinYoun

Hi, I was just curious if others have the same issue as me with the emoji keyboard. After installing the windows app essential add-on, I've been able to use the emoji keyboard by pressing windows + . on this forum and in emails,  but cannot get it to work in facebook or on Sero. When I tab down and use the arrow keys to browse, it closes the emoji keyboard.😕
If someone could teach me the correct way to use the emoji keyboard using NVDA that would be so appreciated.🙏
Thank you

Hi,

Regarding Facebook, are you talking about not being able to use the emoji panel when composing new messages/posts? Note that for this thread, I will assume Windows 10 unless this is on a Windows 11 system.

Cheers,

Joseph (the author of Windows App Essentials add-on)

JinYoun

Hi Joseph, yes, I use windows 10 and it wouldn't work when I try to use it when replying to a post on m.facebook.com on google chrome. Not sure if it would be difference in different areas of fb because I haven't posted in a long time... I think it didn't work when replying to a message too in the messages section.
Thank you

Hi,

At least it does work with Microsoft Edge 94 - when I open mobile Facebook website to write a comment or reply to a message, and then press Windows+Period to open emoji panel and navigate it then press Enter on an emoji, the selected emoji is entered. NVDA also announces selected emojis as I navigate through the emoji panel.

Does this problem happen with Narrator, too? If not, tyhat's something we may need to look into - please ping me next Monday if you still need my assistance (I'm out of action this week in NVDA world due to graduate school midterm this week).

Cheers,

Joseph

JinYoun

Hi, I just checked using narrator on chrome and it works with narrator.
No rush and thank you for looking in to this.
Cheers

JinYoun

 Hi, just wanted to report that the emoji keyboard does not work with gmail html view on chrome... I swear it worked in email before... lol Maybe it was my imagination... It's weird because I can use it when replying on here, the groups.io site... 😕

Arlene

Oh, it doesn’t? I use my I phone for facebook  not my windows computer so I have no clue that it worked or didn’t work.

Sent from Mail for Windows