NVDA and excel

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

What can cause a cell with a formula to announce "unknown"? When I press f2. I can move to a cell above or below it and it shows me what the formula is.
**********
checkout my internet station Family times
Music, TV shows, christian radio dramas, cooking shows, books and movies
Just ask your smart speaker to play family times on TuneIn
or click the link below

Saturdays at 8am MDT on Club House look for the family reading room

On Sun, Oct 3, 2021 at 03:12 PM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:
What can cause a cell with a formula to announce "unknown"?
-
If this particular spreadsheet is not private, I'd suggest sharing it.  It is as close to impossible as it can be to answer this sort of question unless the issue is common, and you're the first person I know of who's hit this particular issue.

Having the "problem spreadsheet" makes it easier to figure out.

         ~ John F. Kennedy

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

here is the file I'm working with  the cells I am having the problem with is c118 and c121.

On Sun, Oct 3, 2021 at 03:12 PM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:
What can cause a cell with a formula to announce "unknown"?
-
If this particular spreadsheet is not private, I'd suggest sharing it.  It is as close to impossible as it can be to answer this sort of question unless the issue is common, and you're the first person I know of who's hit this particular issue.

Having the "problem spreadsheet" makes it easier to figure out.

         ~ John F. Kennedy

Sorry, Robert, but I can't replicate the problem under Excel 2016, and I did not have it update the file format to xlsx.

If you are using one of the newer (2013 or later) versions of Excel I'd suggest trying a Save As and use the xlsx modern Excel file format rather than compatibility with older versions of Excel then see what happens.

If you're using a version of Office that's 2010 or earlier the time has come to update.

         ~ John F. Kennedy

Rui Fontes

Before that, please check if Editing on the cell is checked. If so, uncheck.

It is in Excel options, under Editing or Advanced, I don't remember...

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team

Às 14:45 de 04/10/2021, Brian Vogel escreveu:

Sorry, Robert, but I can't replicate the problem under Excel 2016, and I did not have it update the file format to xlsx.

If you are using one of the newer (2013 or later) versions of Excel I'd suggest trying a Save As and use the xlsx modern Excel file format rather than compatibility with older versions of Excel then see what happens.

If you're using a version of Office that's 2010 or earlier the time has come to update.

         ~ John F. Kennedy

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

But it is just these two cells. the others work just fine. I can press f2 and it lets me arrow through the formula.

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 04:58 PM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:
But it is just these two cells.
-
Hence the reason for my earlier suggestions, because those 2 cells are not giving me any issue using the file you gave the link to.

You could also try an uninstall/reinstall on NVDA and/or a repair install on Microsoft Office, too.  This is definitely an odd one.

         ~ John F. Kennedy