Topics

NVDA and Excel problem

Ramesh Patil

Hello all,

I am facing some issues with latest NVDA and Excel 2016.

If i open any drop down list and select any content from list, after that NVDA stops speaking after pressing down right left arrow or tab.

It becomes speakable again when i switch program using Alt plus tab and come back to excel.

Another issue sometime NVDA stops speaking in excel without above problem. Switching focus back to excel required

Thanks
Ramesh patil

I'd check on NVDA's GitHub Issue Page to see if this has already been reported and, if not, report it.  Tossing something like, "Excel 2016," or, "Excel 2016 dropdown," in the Filters edit box, after the already pre-populated "is:issue is:open," should find you any issues related to Excel 2016 in general or Excel 2016 and dropdown boxes in particular.  If the issue already exists, I'd add a comment to it stating exactly what you've said here.  If it doesn't, then opening a new issue as a bug report is the way to go.

Ralf Kefferpuetz

The problem with dropdown cells is valid since years…

I am facing some issues with latest NVDA and Excel 2016.

If i open any drop down list and select any content from list, after that NVDA stops speaking after pressing down right left arrow or tab.

It becomes speakable again when i switch program using Alt plus tab and come back to excel.

Another issue sometime NVDA stops speaking in excel without above problem. Switching focus back to excel required

Thanks
Ramesh patil

Quentin Christensen

Here's an issue for this:  https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/10401

Ralf - there are a couple of issues with drop-down lists in Excel that I know of (this one, I thought was newish, but there is one with lists not reading in Excel 2013 specifically, and another one for items in drop down lists being read out twice which is also still present).  If your issue is among those then hopefully its scope is captured there, otherwise do let us know what you are experiencing to make sure we are aware of it).

For this particular bug, pressing ALT twice is one way of overcoming it (or alt+tab twice as suggested elsewhere).

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Quentin,

I commented an issue and uploaded an example workbook.

cheers,

  Ralf