Topics

NVDA and Facebook on the web

Cristina Ebetiuc

Hi!

I have googled and tried out shortcuts for Facebook on the web but they don’t work. How can I make tehm work? Has NVDA a Problem with Facebook?

I use Google Chrome and the latest NVDA Version.

Thanks

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

Jimmy Vonderlinden

I use the m.facebook.com site. It works great with chrome
Hope this helps

JM Casey

I think you will need to make sure browse mode is off. Not sure about facebook shortcuts in particular. I’m assuming you’re using the regular facebook site?

I have googled and tried out shortcuts for Facebook on the web but they don’t work. How can I make tehm work? Has NVDA a Problem with Facebook?

I use Google Chrome and the latest NVDA Version.

Thanks

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

the new look face book does not seem to have short cuts spoken out as they are probably not there. I just had a quick look it seems it is in beta.

You can change back to the classic face book where they will be spoken etc I just tried it with the new edge.

When you go to log out of face book just before you log out it says switch back to classic face book press the enter key on it. It will then ask why close that screen then it will revert back.

It seems you may be able to switch between them 2 so if this is the case I will have a sus of the new one  and might right up a tutorial for it.

This is with the main face book not the mobile one I was looking at.

Gene nz

On 24/07/2020 6:00 am, Cristina Ebetiuc wrote:

Hi!

I have googled and tried out shortcuts for Facebook on the web but they don’t work. How can I make tehm work? Has NVDA a Problem with Facebook?

I use Google Chrome and the latest NVDA Version.

Thanks

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

Cristina Ebetiuc

Hi!

It was helpful thanks. Atutorial would be good. Where can I subscribe to?

Cheers

[...]

David Moore

It is so much easier to use the mobile Facebook website. If you use m. Facebook.com, you can just use the same commands as you would for any web page. You simply have categories like friends, messages, and so on, and you just press enter on those links. I have never been able to use the full Facebook website. Even with the supposed commands, they never work for me. The mobile Facebook website is so much better, because you navigate it just like you would with hattings, links, and so on on any website. The mobile Facebook site is very simplified and easy to use without all of the clutter. Have a great one!

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020, 2:03 PM Cristina Ebetiuc <ebetiucristina@...> wrote:

Hi!

I have googled and tried out shortcuts for Facebook on the web but they don’t work. How can I make tehm work? Has NVDA a Problem with Facebook?

I use Google Chrome and the latest NVDA Version.

Thanks

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

Cristina Ebetiuc

This was also helpful. Thank you.

😊

[...]

Hi David

You will have to check out the new face book page now but you will need to switch to it from the classic face book.

it is a lot more like the mobiel version and much more like a web page.

Gene nz

On 24/07/2020 10:58 am, David Moore wrote:

[...]

I use it too, but just because it’s less of a headache. I guess that makes it better, for our purposes, but it is not exactly a full facebook experience like the regular site. It is also buggy and very low priority. Even though it is called “facebook mobile”, most mobile users use the app and don’t bother with the web interface, so there’s virtually no impetus to fix things when  they go wrong. There are unexpected glitches and things you’d think would be easy to accomplish that simply can’t be done. And if you are doing something like adding invites friends to a group or event, you have to keep clicking through pagea after page…same with going back through your messages: “See more, see more, see more”…argh gimme a break, so annoying.

But yeah, it is certainly easier to do simple stuff like read your news feed – it is like facebook: the Neutered version and I’m mostly ok  with that, bugs and annoying scrolling notwithstanding.