nvda and Firefox?

Roger Stewart

A few weeks back there was discussion that a Firefox update wasn't very accessible in a few ways but that a fix would be coming. Has the new Firefox with these fixes out by now? I just got a notice that a new version is available and just want to know if I should go ahead and get it or still wait a bit.

Thanks.

Roger

hi.
yes, you can download firefox 89.0.1 version.
also, the issue only affects 64 bit version of firefox.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Chris

Yes, 89.0.2 resolves the issue

A few weeks back there was discussion that a Firefox update wasn't very

accessible in a few ways but that a fix would be coming. Has the new

Firefox with these fixes out by now? I just got a notice that a new

version is available and just want to know if I should go ahead and get

it or still wait a bit.

Thanks.

Roger

JM Casey

I never experienced any issue. I paused the updates briefly but then went back to the normal schedule/channel and everything ran fine. I think it may only have ffected those who have firefox profiles. Running 89.0.d with the latest NVDA plus a now ratehr old version of JFW with no problems.

A few weeks back there was discussion that a Firefox update wasn't very

accessible in a few ways but that a fix would be coming. Has the new

Firefox with these fixes out by now? I just got a notice that a new

version is available and just want to know if I should go ahead and get

it or still wait a bit.

Thanks.

Roger

Chris

The bug only affected a small number of users using the 64bit version of firefox

But changing the  browser.startup.preXulSkeletonUI parameter in about:config to false resolves the issue

I never experienced any issue. I paused the updates briefly but then went back to the normal schedule/channel and everything ran fine. I think it may only have ffected those who have firefox profiles. Running 89.0.d with the latest NVDA plus a now ratehr old version of JFW with no problems.

A few weeks back there was discussion that a Firefox update wasn't very

accessible in a few ways but that a fix would be coming. Has the new

Firefox with these fixes out by now? I just got a notice that a new

version is available and just want to know if I should go ahead and get

it or still wait a bit.

Thanks.

Roger

Well I downloaded the 32 bit and will be staying on that for the moment.