nvda and gmail in basic html

Michael Micallef at FITA

Dear NVDA Users,

I have a minor difficulty and I sincerely appreciate some help.

I'm using the gmail in basic html view and when I try to move between the messages using the up/down arrows, the nvda reports the foll9owing:

row 7 column 1

row 8 column 1 etc etc,

How in the world I can stop NVDA from saying the rows and columns in gmail basic html, as a speech synthesizer i'm using the eloquence.

thanks in advance,

Tyler Zahnke <programmer651@...>

This is about the way NVDA reads tables. In the NVDA menu, go to
preferences and then settings, there is a section of setting called
document formatting. If you tab a lot, there is a table section, where
you can uncheck tables, rows, columns, things like that.

On 11/17/21, Michael Micallef at FITA <michael.micallef@gov.mt> wrote:
Dear NVDA Users,

I have a minor difficulty and I sincerely appreciate some help.

I'm using the gmail in basic html view and when I try to move between the
messages using the up/down arrows, the nvda reports the foll9owing:

row 7 column 1
row 8 column 1 etc etc,

How in the world I can stop NVDA from saying the rows and columns in gmail
basic html, as a speech synthesizer i'm using the eloquence.

thanks in advance,

Gene

To stop hearing table announcements, open document formatting, control NVDA key d, and tab through the items.  You will come to a section for table settings.  Uncheck every check box related to tables.  Press the ok button.

If you want, you can have a profile that will have these settings off so you can use that profile when you are working in G-Mail and you can then go back to the settings for tables you are currently using by not using the profile.

Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2021 2:33 AM
Subject: [nvda] nvda and gmail in basic html

Dear NVDA Users,

I have a minor difficulty and I sincerely appreciate some help.

I'm using the gmail in basic html view and when I try to move between the messages using the up/down arrows, the nvda reports the foll9owing:

row 7 column 1

row 8 column 1 etc etc,

How in the world I can stop NVDA from saying the rows and columns in gmail basic html, as a speech synthesizer i'm using the eloquence.

thanks in advance,

Chris Smart

Press NVDA+CTRL+D to adjust document formatting settings.

I have a minor difficulty and I sincerely appreciate some help.

I'm using the gmail in basic html view and when I try to move between the messages using the up/down arrows, the nvda reports the foll9owing:

row 7 column 1

row 8 column 1 etc etc,

How in the world I can stop NVDA from saying the rows and columns in gmail basic html, as a speech synthesizer i'm using the eloquence.

thanks in advance,

Sarah k Alawami

Use standard. They have improved it by leaps and bounds. You can even use the commands if you are in focus mode. Even right click on messages to preform actions.