Topics

NVDA and Ivona from nextup.com

Chris Shook

Hi,
Has anyone purchased the ivona voices from nextup.com on the extra voices page?
How many times can you download those voices? The reason I ask is because they give you the option to purchase a backup CD.

Josh Kennedy

if you bought them, you should be able to download them as many times as you need. Also, I don't think those voices are SAPI5. I think they only work in the text aloud program. I don't think they work with NVDA.

Quentin Christensen

Ivona voices do work with NVDA.  I haven't used them myself, but I know we have users who do, and we had an issue with our beta for 2020.3 where we attempted to fix an issue with Ivona voices, which inadvertently broke other voices.  (I believe the issue is with say all not working correctly in some cases - https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/10901)

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Well good luck with getting them since they are amazon, I'd dearly like to buy either full ivona voices for english or the acapella but the only sapi acapella stuff is a usb stick version costing 300 us which is 600 nz pluss shipping for everything and even if I get the english only of acapella from the uk its still to much.

I am still looking for complete synth packages but apart from the code factory ones, and orpheus  which I have I havn't found complete packs of voices anywhere just by voice and its a lot even if I got all the serotalk ones its still a lot.

On 12/10/2020 4:09 pm, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Ivona voices do work with NVDA.  I haven't used them myself, but I know we have users who do, and we had an issue with our beta for 2020.3 where we attempted to fix an issue with Ivona voices, which inadvertently broke other voices.  (I believe the issue is with say all not working correctly in some cases - https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/10901)

Regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 12:54 AM Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:
if you bought them, you should be able to download them as many times as you need. Also, I don't think those voices are SAPI5. I think they only work in the text aloud program. I don't think they work with NVDA.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Quentin Christensen

I believe this is the page: https://nextup.com/ivona/

Or at least that's what we've got on our extra voices resource list: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/wiki/ExtraVoices - so if it's not correct, do please let me know :)

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 2:18 PM Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

[...]

Simone Dal Maso

I know that you can purchase Ivona also from the "arpo" web site. They cost 39 euro per voice.
Unfortunately now I am at office and not home, but I remember that with NVDA there are some issues with pitch, and also the audio quality is for some strange causes different.

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>