NVDA and JAWS are mute

inamuddinInam Uddin

Respected friend, a friend of mine is having windows 10.

Her narrator is working fine but both the screen readers namely (NVDA and JAWS) are mute.

Is there any solution?

With regards from Inamuddin with the Skype ID:

Charlsdarwin1

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi Inamuddin

Does NVDA start up? but just has no sound?

I am wondering if it is the synth package you are using on both has expired or stopped working with them

if nvda is running can you use the nvda key + ctrl key + the letter S

When the synth dialogue comes up either press the letter E for e speak voices or W for windows one core voices if using windows 10. It might of gone to no speech in nvda.

Are you using a blu tooth head set speakers or a headset or ear piece that plugs into a 3.5 hole on the computer

I am guessing if that fixes the problem you will need to do the same to the other screen reader as well.

Gene nz

On 28/03/2021 11:17 am, inamuddinInam Uddin via groups.io wrote:

Dear friends, a friend of mine is using windows 10.

Her narrator is working fine but both NVDA and JAWS are mute.

Is there any solution?

Charlsdarwin1

Quentin Christensen

Good afternoon,

It sounds like you might have NVDA (and I assume Jaws) set to use a different audio device (which may have been unplugged or not exist for some reason).

With NVDA running:
1. Press NVDA+control+s to open the synthesizer dialog.
2. Press TAB once to move to the output device.
3. Press either the first letter or use the arrows or navigation keys to select a device*
4. Press ENTER to change devices and close the dialog.

* I would press HOME at step 3 to go to the first device.  If that doesn't work, repeat and next time around press down arrow, and then press down arrow each time.

Alternatively, you can press NVDA+control+r three times quickly to reset NVDA back to factory defaults.  Note that will reset any other NVDA preferences, but it should reset the output device to Windows default which is what Narrator will be using.

Kind regards
Quentin.

On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 9:10 AM inamuddinInam Uddin via groups.io <charlsdarwin1=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Respected friend, a friend of mine is having windows 10.

Her narrator is working fine but both the screen readers namely (NVDA and JAWS) are mute.

Is there any solution?

Charlsdarwin1

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager