Topics

Nvda and multiple reading of subjects in E-mails

Jarek.Krcmar

Hello all,

I have a long time a problem with Nvda.

It several times reads subjects in Emails.

Is possible to set Nvda, for reading of a subject once only?

Sincerely

--
Jarek

Gene

The only way I know of to stop this problemis that, when you open a new message, don't just let it sit there and read. After you open the message, issue the read to end command.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2020 2:08 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Nvda and multiple reading of subjects in E-mails

Hello all,

Sincerely

--
Jarek

Fernando Paixão

Good morning folks from NVDA development, I have a question here that is:
I am using the last alpha of today that 3 alphas came out today, and the last when I enter the Mozilla thunderbird email client, it locks the reading of email with any voice. Does this happen to you?

follow the NVDA log below please already taking advantage of the friend's email.

here it goes:

INFO - __main__ (06: 19: 55.852) - MainThread (7304):
Starting NVDA version alpha-20666, e2675e2a
INFO - core.main (06: 19: 55.992) - MainThread (7304):
Config dir: C: \ Users \ ferna \ AppData \ Roaming \ nvda
INFO - config.ConfigManager._loadConfig (06: 19: 55.992) - MainThread (7304):
Loading config: C: \ Users \ ferna \ AppData \ Roaming \ nvda \ nvda.ini
INFO - core.main (06: 19: 56.039) - MainThread (7304):
Using Windows version 10.0.20180 workstation
Using Python version 3.7.8 (tags / v3.7.8: 4b47a5b6ba, Jun 28 2020, 07:55:33) [MSC v.1916 32 bit (Intel)]
Using comtypes version 1.1.7
Using configobj version 5.1.0 with validate version 1.0.1
INFO - synthDrivers.espeak.SynthDriver .__ init__ (06: 19: 57.117) - MainThread (7304):
Using eSpeak NG version b'1.49.3 dev '
INFO - synthDriverHandler.setSynth (06: 19: 57.279) - MainThread (7304):
Loaded synthDriver espeak
INFO - core.main (06: 19: 57.279) - MainThread (7304):
Using wx version 4.0.3 msw (phoenix) wxWidgets 3.0.5 with six version 1.12.0
INFO - brailleInput.initialize (06: 19: 57.281) - MainThread (7304):
Braille input initialized
INFO - braille.initialize (06: 19: 57.281) - MainThread (7304):
Using liblouis version 3.14.0
INFO - braille.initialize (06: 19: 57.291) - MainThread (7304):
Using pySerial version 3.4
INFO - braille.BrailleHandler.setDisplayByName (06: 19: 57.301) - MainThread (7304):
Loaded braille display driver noBraille, current display has 0 cells.
INFO - core.main (06: 19: 59.734) - MainThread (7304):
Java Access Bridge support initialized
INFO - _UIAHandler.UIAHandler.MTAThreadFunc (06: 19: 59.764) - _UIAHandler.UIAHandler.MTAThread (7084):
UIAutomation: IUIAutomation6
DEBUGWARNING - touchHandler.touchSupported (06: 19: 59.913) - MainThread (7304):
No touch devices found
DEBUGWARNING - Python warning (06: 19: 59.945) - MainThread (7304):
C: \ Users \ ferna \ AppData \ Roaming \ nvda \ addons \ wordReview \ globalPlugins \ wordReview \ libs \ bs4 \ element.py: 16: UserWarning: The soupsieve package is not installed. CSS selectors cannot
be used.
'The soupsieve package is not installed. CSS selectors cannot be used. '
INFO - external: globalPlugins.translate.GlobalPlugin .__ init__ (06: 20: 02.979) - MainThread (7304):
Translate module initialized, translating to en
INFO - config.ConfigManager._loadConfig (06: 20: 03.132) - MainThread (7304):
Loading config: C: \ Users \ ferna \ AppData \ Roaming \ nvda \ profiles \ Portuguêss.ini
INFO - config.ConfigManager._loadConfig (06: 20: 03.162) - MainThread (7304):
Loading config: C: \ Users \ ferna \ AppData \ Roaming \ nvda \ profiles \ reportPasswords.ini
INFO - external: globalPlugins.NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin.theGlobalPlugin.NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin .__ init__ (06: 20: 03.283) - MainThread (7304):
Loaded NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin version 9.2
DEBUGWARNING - Python warning (06: 20: 03.424) - MainThread (7304):
C: \ Users \ ferna \ AppData \ Roaming \ nvda \ addons \ codefactory-py3 \ globalPlugins \ add_menu.py: 55: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use Insert instead.
systray.menu.InsertMenu (2, wx.ID_ANY, _ ("C & ode Factory"), self.menu)
INFO - core.main (06: 20: 03.676) - MainThread (7304):
NVDA initialized
DEBUGWARNING - external: globalPlugins.NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin.utils.keyboard.getKeyboardKeysIniFilePath (06: 20: 03.693) - MainThread (7304):
keyboard.ini file loaded from locale \ en_BR folder
DEBUGWARNING - Python warning (06: 20: 03.776) - MainThread (7304):
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ NVDA \ library.zip \ api.py: 287: DeprecationWarning: Yield () is deprecated
WARNING - external: globalPlugins.NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin.commandKeysSelectiveAnnouncementAndRemanence.initialize (06: 20: 04.159) - MainThread (7304):
commandKeysSelectiveAnnouncementAndRemanence initialized
WARNING - external: globalPlugins.NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin.speechHistory.initialize (06: 20: 04.159) - MainThread (7304):
speechHistory initialized
ERROR - appModuleHandler.fetchAppModule (06: 20: 11.877) - MainThread (7304):
error in appModule 'thunderbird'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "appModuleHandler.pyc", line 172, in fetchAppModule
File "importlib \ __ init __. Pyc", line 127, in import_module
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _gcd_import
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 728, in exec_module
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_remo

Em Segunda, 3 de Agosto de 2020 09:08, "Jarek.Krcmar"
<Jarek.Krcmar@...> escreveu:

Hello all,

Sincerely

--
Jarek

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Gene and other.

Thank you for the answer.

So I use down arrow for stopping the multiple reading of subjects.

Jarek

Dne 03.08.2020 v 9:08 Jarek Krcmar napsal(a):

Hello all,

Sincerely

Jarek (and anyone else),

What e-mail client are you using?   Are you opening your messages in their own windows for reading?

I know the behavior you're talking about, but I don't think it's the actual subject being read multiple times, but because the subject is also the window title in a message window, that's getting read, followed by the actual subject.   In Outlook 2016, if I open a message sent to me in plain text, and I'll use "Keep Forgetting" as the subject, the window title is "Keep Forgetting - Message (Plain Text)", and the actual Subject entry is just Keep Forgetting.  NVDA starts by reading the window title (much like it would say File Explorer when you are in File Explorer or Mozilla Thunderbird if you were using that client and were in the main window) then immediately repeats itself with only the subject because that's the next item in the reading sequence for a message.  Getting the subject read twice is an artifact of how the window for reading same is set up.  If you're getting more than two times, then I'd have to look at the exact client and how the message is being read to determine if what's in the subject is somehow being presented somewhere that NVDA reads a third time.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

Gene

I'm not sure what you want to do. Do you use read to end when reading mail or just down arrow through the entire message? You can use the read to end command to both stop unwanted repetition and begin reading the message body.

Gene

Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2020 9:24 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Nvda and multiple reading of subjects in E-mails

Hi Gene and other.

Jarek

Hello all,

Sincerely

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Brian,

I am using Mozilla Thunderbird, because I can create a rules, while in Windows it isn't possible.

Jarek
Dne 04.08.2020 v 16:37 Brian Vogel napsal(a):

Jarek (and anyone else),

What e-mail client are you using?   Are you opening your messages in their own windows for reading?

I know the behavior you're talking about, but I don't think it's the actual subject being read multiple times, but because the subject is also the window title in a message window, that's getting read, followed by the actual subject.   In Outlook 2016, if I open a message sent to me in plain text, and I'll use "Keep Forgetting" as the subject, the window title is "Keep Forgetting - Message (Plain Text)", and the actual Subject entry is just Keep Forgetting.  NVDA starts by reading the window title (much like it would say File Explorer when you are in File Explorer or Mozilla Thunderbird if you were using that client and were in the main window) then immediately repeats itself with only the subject because that's the next item in the reading sequence for a message.  Getting the subject read twice is an artifact of how the window for reading same is set up.  If you're getting more than two times, then I'd have to look at the exact client and how the message is being read to determine if what's in the subject is somehow being presented somewhere that NVDA reads a third time.

--

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 11:04 AM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:
I am using Mozilla Thunderbird, because I can create a rules, while in Windows it isn't possible.
What isn't possible?   And how would the creation of rules be relevant to anything?

It's impossible to give accurate advice with moving goal posts and the introduction of unrelated variables.

--

Howard Traxler

At my house, using thunderbird and NVDA, the subject is read three (and sometimes four) times thense NVDA procedes to read the rest of the story.  When it starts to babble, I silence it then press NVDA plus a to read.  Works fine.

On 8/4/2020 10:04 AM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:

Hi Brian,

Jarek
Jarek (and anyone else),

I know the behavior you're talking about, but I don't think it's the actual subject being read multiple times, but because the subject is also the window title in a message window, that's getting read, followed by the actual subject.  In Outlook 2016, if I open a message sent to me in plain text, and I'll use "Keep Forgetting" as the subject, the window title is "Keep Forgetting - Message (Plain Text)", and the actual Subject entry is just Keep Forgetting.  NVDA starts by reading the window title (much like it would say File Explorer when you are in File Explorer or Mozilla Thunderbird if you were using that client and were in the main window) then immediately repeats itself with only the subject because that's the next item in the reading sequence for a message.  Getting the subject read twice is an artifact of how the window for reading same is set up.  If you're getting more than two times, then I'd have to look at the exact client and how the message is being read to determine if what's in the subject is somehow being presented somewhere that NVDA reads a third time.

--

Brian *-*Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363

*/. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should./*

~ /Ruth Marcus/,  November 10, 2017, in /Washington Post/ article/, //Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story/ <https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/bannon-is-right-its-no-coincidence-the-post-broke-the-moore-story/2017/11/10/50e485c4-c662-11e7-84bc-5e285c7f4512_story.html>

Gene

You don't have to silence speech. Pressing a command or any key or combination silences previous speech and then takes the action of the key or combination. Using a key like control silences speech just as any key or combination does but the point of doing so is to stop speech and not take another action as control takes no other action when used by itself.

Gene

Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2020 12:41 PM

At my house, using thunderbird and NVDA, the subject is read three (and
sometimes four) times thense NVDA procedes to read the rest of the
story. When it starts to babble, I silence it then press NVDA plus a to
read. Works fine.

On 8/4/2020 10:04 AM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:

Hi Brian,

Jarek
Jarek (and anyone else),

What e-mail client are you using? Are you opening your messages in their own windows for reading?

I know the behavior you're talking about, but I don't think it's the actual subject being read multiple times, but because the subject is also the window title in a message window, that's getting read, followed by the actual subject. In Outlook 2016, if I open a message sent to me in plain text, and I'll use "Keep Forgetting" as the subject, the window title is "Keep Forgetting - Message (Plain Text)", and the actual Subject entry is just Keep Forgetting. NVDA starts by reading the window title (much like it would say File Explorer when you are in File Explorer or Mozilla Thunderbird if you were using that client and were in the main window) then immediately repeats itself with only the subject because that's the next item in the reading sequence for a message. Getting the subject read twice is an artifact of how the window for reading same is set up. If you're getting more than two times, then I'd have to look at the exact client and how the message is being read to determine if what's in the subject is somehow being presented somewhere that NVDA reads a third time.

--

Brian *-*Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363

*/. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it. The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should./*

~ /Ruth Marcus/, November 10, 2017, in /Washington Post/ article/, //Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story/ <https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/bannon-is-right-its-no-coincidence-the-post-broke-the-moore-story/2017/11/10/50e485c4-c662-11e7-84bc-5e285c7f4512_story.html>

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Gene,

thank for your reply.

Jarek

Dne 04.08.2020 v 17:03 Gene napsal(a):

I'm not sure what you want to do.  Do you use read to end when reading mail or just down arrow through the entire message?  You can use the read to end command to both stop unwanted repetition and begin reading the message body.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Jarek.Krcmar
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2020 9:24 AM

Hi Gene and other.

Jarek

Hello all,

Sincerely

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Brian,

When i used Windows to receive E-mails, I couldn't set it for moving messages to other foldersautomatically, I had to move them manually.

Jarek
Dne 04.08.2020 v 17:09 Brian Vogel napsal(a):

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 11:04 AM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:
What isn't possible?   And how would the creation of rules be relevant to anything?

It's impossible to give accurate advice with moving goal posts and the introduction of unrelated variables.

--