Topics

Nvda and setting of Ccleaner

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi all,

I have downloaded and installed Ccleaner, but I have found out a problem:

I would like to set the Czech language, set it seems to me, that Nvda doesn't see the languages in the options.

How do you work with the Ccleaner, you, who lives in the oder lands?

--
Jarek

options/ settings/ then choose the language you want.

After all the avast noncence and other junk I started using a portable ccleaner with an ini with my settings as the main interface checkboxes are just not accessible but it still works.

Of large annoyance to me easyclean is still not accessible and on every update check the ini file is altaed to turn a load of updater settings and other things I have no use on though software update is nice  to know what needs me to update it.

If anyone needs it I can give them my own custom ini which has most options I like checked, but sadly you will have to continuously adjust it every update run or so because the program likes to turn things on for no reason I can see.

Worse still, its impossible to turn some of these things off in settings, buttons for easycleaner are passed over and thats still a big deal to me.

The reasons I don't just quit cc is I really still like the interface and once its configured right its fine.

The ini options are easily understandable and layed out to.

You do need to enable user account control and the ccleaner shortcuts right click context menu in options/advanced  and options/settings but thats about that.

You also need to clear a few cooky and other settings in the ini file but once done its easy enough.

If you have anything new you load and have noticed different options, hit space on the unknown ones and they will appear in the ini file and then you can modify them accordingly.

There are massive ini files about to clean a lot of things but the ccleaner engine just doesn't like massive ini files and will become bogged quickly.

If you do use a massive ini file, like ccleaner enhanced, copy out what you use and just don't do much else.

On 10/06/2019 2:16 AM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:
Hi all,

I have downloaded and installed Ccleaner, but I have found out a problem:

I would like to set the Czech language, set it seems to me, that Nvda doesn't see the languages in the options.

How do you work with the Ccleaner, you, who lives in the oder lands?

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Shaun,

a problem is, that I can't find settings.

When I press tab and then button Options, Nvda does not see the settings.

I use in Ccleaner only the keys Tab, arrows, enter.

Jarek

Dne 10.06.2019 v 1:11 Shaun Everiss napsal(a):

[...]

Hmmm

Uninstall ccleaner.

Then take this build.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgaig5h3dixta2u/ccleaner.zip?dl=1

You will need to enable user account control in options, and the shortcuts however that should work.

You will get a fully configured copy to to use on your portables.

This is how I run ccleaner right now.

For the rest, if you want this you can, jarek I'll keep it up for a day, will till I wake up tomorrow at least, maybe I will get rid of it tomorrow night.

For everyone else, don't bother with this version, the ini file I have allready released should be the same for this version basically anyway.

Jarek let me know how it goes.

It should be in the language, for those that want a different language and think it worth while, I can set the language and have a version so you guys can edit it I guess but this is just easier than troubleshooting ccleaner's weird inaccessible partly usable iinterface.

On 10/06/2019 7:57 PM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:
[...]

thank you for the portable version of Ccleaner.

It works very well.

Jarek

Dne 10.06.2019 v 11:51 Shaun Everiss napsal(a):

[...]

Angelo Sonnesso

What is the language number for English in the portable version of
Ccleaner?
This is a great find.

73 N2DYN Angelo

Roger Stewart

I need to know how to change it to English as well. Hope we can find out how.
Roger

On 6/10/2019 9:06 AM, Angelo Sonnesso wrote:
What is the language number for English in the portable version of
Ccleaner?
This is a great find.

73 N2DYN Angelo

Angelo Sonnesso

You have to edit the init file.
There is a line that says.
Lang=####
In the Lang folder there are dll files corresponding to the language numbers.
If we don't get an answer, I will have to keep editing the ini file until I
find the correct language number.

73 N2DYN Angelo

I need to know how to change it to English as well. Hope we can find out how.
Roger

On 6/10/2019 9:06 AM, Angelo Sonnesso wrote:
What is the language number for English in the portable version of
Ccleaner?
This is a great find.

73 N2DYN Angelo

No problem.

When I had the avast issue, and the access issues piriform support suggested the portable as an option while they fix bugs.

What I like is  bar all the configurations, my settings stay and I can keep it with me.

On every system I work on, my settings are the same and the user who needs to run it can only run 1 simple command and its all ok.

For me, the inaccessible parts while a showstopper for using the program can easily be bypassed to the point I can just set and get rid of it all.

Its not like you need to access the inaccessible pannels more than once or twiice unless there is a new program and all you then do is scroll down to that program or set of programs and hit space on each setting you want to change.

That setting will appear in the ini file and you can adjust it accordingly.

Languages obviously have to do with codepages or something not sure how it works.

However just about every other setting will have 0 or 1 as the option, off or on.

It can be a drag at times but at least its easier doing it this way.

On 11/06/2019 1:33 AM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:
[...]

1033 aparently.

After changing my language to check I managed to mangle some of my stuff a bit and well things got a bit screwey.

However if you are in english without the line it will use the default os language.

So right now I am using the default os language here.

One thing to note, you will have to reselect the icons for running and opening ccleaner in recycle bin rightclick after changing language in options.

One thing, you need to turn those options off if you are removing it else you will have empty menu entries.

Bar the context shortcuts and the user account control task there is almost nothing much of ccleaner loaded at all.

It does make me wander what the need for an installer is.

The only difference between installer and portable bar trial offers is the program group and the settings in registry thing.

On 11/06/2019 2:06 AM, Angelo Sonnesso wrote:
What is the language number for English in the portable version of
Ccleaner?
This is a great find.

73 N2DYN Angelo

.

Roger Stewart

I find the last line in the .ini files is something like lang=1234 where that number corresponds to a language. If you check inside the lang folder inside CCleaner, you will find a list of files that just say lang followed by a number. I assume that each of these numbers equals a specific language. What we need is to have a list that shows this list of numbers and what language they correspond to. Then you just go into the ini file and remove the number after the line saying lang= and put in the number of the language you want to use. Hope you can come up with a list somehow and then it will be easy.
Roger

On 6/10/2019 4:55 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
[...]

Not sure.

There are files in the lang folder which are dlls with language numbers in their names.

The only way to do this is change the codes and see what they do.

However as that means mangling my install and since I don't know what all the languages mean I won't be the one doing that.

I am not sure if this is an entire language list as such but its a list at any rate.

https://forum.piriform.com/topic/20164-language-files-lang-dll/

On 11/06/2019 10:02 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:
[...]

Curtis Delzer

I think I got it, put the language at 0 instead of one of the files and it comes out in English. seems to for me.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 6/10/2019 9:08 AM, Angelo Sonnesso wrote:
You have to edit the init file.
There is a line that says.
Lang=####
In the Lang folder there are dll files corresponding to the language numbers.
If we don't get an answer, I will have to keep editing the ini file until I
find the correct language number.

73 N2DYN Angelo

I need to know how to change it to English as well. Hope we can find out how.
Roger

On 6/10/2019 9:06 AM, Angelo Sonnesso wrote:
What is the language number for English in the portable version of
Ccleaner?
This is a great find.

73 N2DYN Angelo

If you clear the language string it will use the os language.

At any rate there is a list of most if not all the codes somewhere in this thread.

I am unsure why you would need it but there you go.

On 11/06/2019 8:22 PM, Curtis Delzer wrote:
[...]

I just tried to set the language to zero and it won't let me do it. I made a copy of the portable version on another drive so if anything goes wrong, I still have the original. When I change the string to 0, it wants to do a save as in another folder.  I think the computer believes it is a read only file but I check properties and it isn't. Any help?
Thanks.

Roger

On 6/10/2019 5:27 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
[...]

Finally got it! What you need to do is change the language string to 0, then you must save the changed file in another folder--don't tell it to save the currently opened file. Then go to the folder where you saved the edited ini file and copy and paste it into the CCleaner folder. It will then just ask you to continue with admin rights and it will copy it and then CCleaner displays in English!