Topics

locked NVDA and tablets

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 05:20 PM, Chris Shook wrote:
I guess it's a blind thing, but I never realized how much battery the display drained.
It's a virtual certainty on any device that does not use fans that the biggest drain will easily be the display.

A screen curtain (if you're blind, anyway) is not only an excellent battery saving mechanism but privacy mechanism, too, if you use a headset/earbuds to hear the screen reader output.  There can be no shoulder surfing with a screen curtain active.  I'm hoping that Windows 10 is eventually going to implement a screen curtain for any device that runs it; right now it doesn't.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Richard Wells

This may be more of a sight thing. My sighted wife uses a laptop with a touch screen and she finds the screen allows her to do some tasks easier than the touch pad does.

On 2/12/2019 2:24 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
I know, right? One thing I love about my tablet is that it can detect when
the physical keyboard is not in use.