Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 12/02/2019 23:30, molly the blind tech lover escreveu:

How do you go to the bios settings? I’ve always wanted to explore that setting 😀

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:13 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and tablets

Would it not be the function key's configuration? I had an HP and had this problem as well, I changed it by going to the BIOS settings.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 12/02/2019 23:12, Chris Shook escreveu:

Speaking of laptops, avoid getting an HP they got rid of some of the F commands.
F6 is still there, along with F5 and F 8, but when i hit F12 to check the time, nothing happens. Had the same problem on my old computer.

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

Let's try to begin wrapping up this thread now. This has gone on for a while now.

Thanks.

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019, 18:48 marcio via Groups.Io <marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io wrote:
What you want to do?
Sorry, I can't see the original message anywhere!

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 12/02/2019 23:22, Chris Shook escreveu:
Could you send me instructions how to do that?
Can it be done with a screen reader?

molly the blind tech lover

Maybe it works with narrator?

Would it not be the function key's configuration? I had an HP and had this problem as well, I changed it by going to the BIOS settings.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 12/02/2019 23:12, Chris Shook escreveu:

Speaking of laptops, avoid getting an HP they got rid of some of the F commands.
F6 is still there, along with F5 and F 8, but when i hit F12 to check the time, nothing happens. Had the same problem on my old computer.

Let's see if I can help you out.
P.S.: What follows is a bit long, sorry about it, just wanted to make things as clearer as I could.

First, go to the NVDA Menu.
Being there, search for input gesture, by arrowing up and down.

Now, there's 2 ways of doing the thing work.
I'll talk about the easier first then I'll show the harder, so you can play with it as you wish.
Being on the input gestures window, tab until the field "filter by". Here you will type "screen curtain" (without quotes).
After you've typed it, don't press enter, press tab.
You should hear "tools".
Arrow down once and you'll have almost finished.
Press tab until the "add" button, then press space.
Right after you press space on it, you should enter with the keystroke you want to be the one to turn the screen curtain on/off.
When you've done it, choose in which layout you want to use this command (desktop, laptop or both) then press enter on the option you chose.
Done, you've created the keystroke to use the add-on!

Now, talking about the second way.
The input gesture window itself is a bit cluttered but let's try not to complicate things here.
Right after being in the input gestures window, press tab.
Arrow down til "tools" and press enter.
Right arrow to expand it, then arrow down until "toggles screen curtain on or off".
After you find it, you can just follow up from the "add" button described on the first way explanation.

Sincerely, hope this helps :)

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 12/02/2019 23:24, molly the blind tech lover escreveu:

I installed screen curtain, guys. I have no idea how to use it lol. ,