From: Afik Souffir <afik.souffir@...>
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2020 6:46 AM
To: NVDA Mailing List
Subject: NVDA and terminal

Hi,
As part of my work, i need to connect via terminal, at Strauss Group.

When loading the Terminal from my laptop, NVDA is not speak and nothing shows in Braille.

What do i have to do for this to work?

Thanks for any help
Afik Souffir

Sarah k Alawami

Try control m to read the shell. I think it's control m. If not try alt m.

Good luck.

As part of my work, i need to connect via terminal, at Strauss Group.

When loading the Terminal from my laptop, NVDA is not speak and nothing shows in Braille.

What do i have to do for this to work?

Thanks for any help
Afik Souffir

Carlos Medrano

Just a thought, but is dynamic content enabled? You can do that by hitting NVDA+5.

As part of my work, i need to connect via terminal, at Strauss Group.

When loading the Terminal from my laptop, NVDA is not speak and nothing shows in Braille.

What do i have to do for this to work?

Thanks for any help
Afik Souffir

Sarah k Alawami

I actually have no luck with that. For me it is on but using object nav does not work. See an audio games forum post on the subject. I don't have the link anymore, but a search at the audio games website should help.

On 5 Dec 2020, at 9:10, Carlos Medrano wrote:

Just a thought, but is dynamic content enabled? You can do that by hitting NVDA+5.

As part of my work, i need to connect via terminal, at Strauss Group.

When loading the Terminal from my laptop, NVDA is not speak and nothing shows in Braille.

What do i have to do for this to work?

Thanks for any help
Afik Souffir

Carlos Medrano

That's really interesting. Another thought that comes to mind is if you are using a terminal other than the windows default one. It's been a few years, but terminals such as mintty May not speak everything. Other terminals may get installed as part of programs such as cygwin  or git bash.