Topics

NVDA and the application key

Manoj Govindraj

Hi Friends,
Lately NVDA is not announcing the options for me when I press the
Application key. I have the latest update of NVDA installed on my
windows 10 64 bit pc.

Best,
Manoj

--
http://www.swar-ras.com

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Is it happening any where else? for example down on the running application part of the task bar it should speak them Have you noticed it doing it any where else?

Or is it just saying unknown? or are they been spoken out.

Gene nz

On 8/10/2019 9:28 AM, Manoj Govindraj wrote:
Hi Friends,
Lately NVDA is not announcing the options for me when I press the
Application key. I have the latest update of NVDA installed on my
windows 10 64 bit pc.

Best,
Manoj

Manoj Govindraj

Actually it happens all across the board and in all the programs that I open. When I press the application key, NVDA does not even say context menu, let alone saying any of the options present in that menu.

Best,
Manoj

On Oct 7, 2019, at 4:56 PM, hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

Hi

Is it happening any where else? for example down on the running application part of the task bar it should speak them Have you noticed it doing it any where else?

Or is it just saying unknown? or are they been spoken out.

Gene nz

On 8/10/2019 9:28 AM, Manoj Govindraj wrote:
Hi Friends,
Lately NVDA is not announcing the options for me when I press the
Application key. I have the latest update of NVDA installed on my
windows 10 64 bit pc.

Best,
Manoj

--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related materials at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

To find out which library networks in New Zealand have a copy of the NVDA screen reader on them and there library locations please go to http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nz%20libraries%20with%20nvda.html
To find a NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

Quentin Christensen

Hi Manoj,

When you say it's not announcing the options, does it tell you it has opened a menu (the exact wording varies between programs, but it usually announces some variation of "menu", "submenu", etc)?

When you arrow through the context menu options does it report anything?

If it isn't reporting anything, is it definitely opening the menu?  SHIFT+F10 is another way to open the context menu, and in many places
Using NVDA 2019.2 on Windows 10 version 18362.1, NVDA reports the context menu for me in all the programs I've tried recently, and then the options in the menu.  NUMPAD Multiply (or NVDA+] if using laptop keyboard layout) presses the right mouse button.  Depending on exactly where the mouse is on screen, the menu presented might be different, but it will almost always give you a context menu, so would work in this case to ascertain whether the menu appears.

Are you using any NVDA add-ons?  If you press NVDA+Q then down arrow to "Restart with add-ons disabled" does the context menu work then?

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 7:28 AM Manoj Govindraj <manmusical9@...> wrote:
Hi Friends,
Lately NVDA is not announcing the options for me when I press the
Application key. I have the latest update of NVDA installed on my
windows 10 64 bit pc.

Best,
Manoj

--
http://www.swar-ras.com

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Manoj Govindraj

Hi Quentin,

The context menu opens for sure, as I pressed the up arrow key twice
to choose the rename option and it opens up the rename window. But at
no point does NVDA announce or report anything. I tried shift plus F10
but with no success.

Manoj

wrote:

Hi Friends,
Lately NVDA is not announcing the options for me when I press the
Application key. I have the latest update of NVDA installed on my
windows 10 64 bit pc.

Best,
Manoj

--
http://www.swar-ras.com

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org

Manoj Govindraj

Just to clarify,

The latest update of NVDA that I installed said Feb 2019. Hope I am
not missing anything.

Manoj

wrote:

Hi Friends,
Lately NVDA is not announcing the options for me when I press the
Application key. I have the latest update of NVDA installed on my
windows 10 64 bit pc.

Best,
Manoj

--
http://www.swar-ras.com

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org

http://www.swar-ras.com

--
http://www.swar-ras.com

Quentin Christensen

Hi Manoj,

The latest update to NVDA is 2019 point 2 point 1, but some synthesizers read this as February 1 2019, so I think that sounds like you might have the latest version.  Otherwise it's available from: https://www.nvaccess.org/download or from the Help menu, check for updates.  We must find a way to release point releases without making it look like a date :)

Did you try restarting with add-ons disabled?

Quentin.

--
http://www.swar-ras.com

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Sarah k Alawami

Can you send a log to the list when you get this to happen? Hit nvda plus. f1 twice ad copy the text to the clipboard and paste it in a reply to this message.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

--
http://www.swar-ras.com

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Manoj Govindraj

INFO - __main__ (21:28:09.477):
Starting NVDA
INFO - core.main (21:28:10.243):
Config dir: C:\Users\manmu\AppData\Roaming\nvda
INFO - config.ConfigManager._loadConfig (21:28:10.243):
INFO - core.main (21:28:10.398):
NVDA version 2019.2.1
INFO - core.main (21:28:10.398):
Using Windows version 10.0.18362 workstation
INFO - core.main (21:28:10.398):
Using Python version 2.7.16 (v2.7.16:413a49145e, Mar 4 2019,
01:30:55) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
INFO - core.main (21:28:10.398):
Using comtypes version 1.1.7
INFO - core.main (21:28:10.398):
Using configobj version 5.1.0 with validate version 1.0.1
INFO - core.main (21:28:10.487):
Add-ons are disabled. Restart NVDA to enable them.
INFO - synthDriverHandler.setSynth (21:28:11.763):
Loaded synthDriver oneCore
INFO - core.main (21:28:11.763):
Using wx version 4.0.3 msw (phoenix) wxWidgets 3.0.5
INFO - brailleInput.initialize (21:28:11.763):
Braille input initialized
INFO - braille.initialize (21:28:11.778):
Using liblouis version 3.10.0
INFO - braille.BrailleHandler.setDisplayByName (21:28:11.778):
Loaded braille display driver noBraille, current display has 0 cells.
WARNING - core.main (21:28:11.832):
Java Access Bridge not available
INFO - _UIAHandler.UIAHandler.MTAThreadFunc (21:28:11.848):
UIAutomation: IUIAutomation6
INFO - core.main (21:28:12.233):
NVDA initialized
INFO - globalCommands.GlobalCommands.script_navigatorObject_devInfo
(21:31:50.920):
Developer info for navigator object:
name: u'Microsoft Edge'
role: ROLE_LISTITEM
states: STATE_FOCUSABLE, STATE_SELECTABLE, STATE_FOCUSED, STATE_SELECTED
isFocusable: True
hasFocus: True
Python object: <NVDAObjects.IAccessible.sysListView32.ListItem object
at 0x053D59F0>
Python class mro: (<class
'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.sysListView32.ListItem'>, <class
'NVDAObjects.behaviors.RowWithFakeNavigation'>, <class
'NVDAObjects.behaviors.RowWithoutCellObjects'>, <class
'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.sysListView32.ListItemWithoutColumnSupport'>,
<class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible'>, <class
'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>, <class
'documentBase.TextContainerObject'>, <class
'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class
'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>, <type 'object'>)
location: RectLTWH(left=0, top=203, width=76, height=85)
value: None
appModule: <'explorer' (appName u'explorer', process ID 5528) at
address 5353d50>
appModule.productName: u'Microsoft\xae Windows\xae Operating System'
appModule.productVersion: u'10.0.18362.1'
TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObjectTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 65946
windowClassName: u'SysListView32'
windowControlID: 1
windowStyle: 1442855488
extendedWindowStyle: 0
windowThreadID: 1188
windowText: u'FolderView'
displayText: u'MicrosoftEdge'
IAccessibleObject: <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x91a0d30 at 529a260>
IAccessibleChildID: 3
IAccessible event parameters: windowHandle=65946, objectID=-4, childID=3
IAccessible accName: u'Microsoft Edge'
IAccessible accRole: ROLE_SYSTEM_LISTITEM
IAccessible accState: STATE_SYSTEM_SELECTABLE, STATE_SYSTEM_SELECTED,
STATE_SYSTEM_MULTISELECTABLE, STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSED,
STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSABLE, STATE_SYSTEM_VALID (19922950)
IAccessible accDescription: exception: (-2147352573, 'Member not
found.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
IAccessible accValue: None
INFO - globalCommands.GlobalCommands.script_navigatorObject_devInfo
(21:31:51.005):
Developer info for navigator object:
name: u'Microsoft Edge'
role: ROLE_LISTITEM
states: STATE_FOCUSABLE, STATE_SELECTABLE, STATE_SELECTED
isFocusable: True
hasFocus: False
[...]
STATE_SYSTEM_MULTISELECTABLE, STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSABLE,
STATE_SYSTEM_VALID (19922946)
IAccessible accDescription: exception: (-2147352573, 'Member not
found.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
IAccessible accValue: None

Can you send a log to the list when you get this to happen? Hit nvda
plus. f1 twice ad copy the text to the clipboard and paste it in a reply
to this message.

[website.](http://www.tffppodcast.com) This is also our libsyn page as
well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and tutorials go
[here.](http://www.tffppodcast.com/premium)
and for hosting options go [here](http://www.tffppodcast.com/hosting)

Our [telegram](https://t.me/tffppodcast) channel is also a good place
for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our [discord](https://discord.gg/fr7MaVK) is where you will know when
we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

[here](Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast)