Topics

NVDA and Vocalizer expressive

Chris Shook

Hi,
Has Vocalizer for NVDA been updated with the latest voices yet?
Hey, also which voices in Vocalizer are the most expressive?

Luis Carlos González Moráles

Are you meaning the last Nuance Vocalizer version, or the latest Cerence TTS?

Chris Shook wrote:

Hi,
Has Vocalizer for NVDA been updated with the latest voices yet?
Hey, also which voices in Vocalizer are the most expressive?

I have the latest codefactory vocaliser express voices but to be honest thats not been updated with the cerence ones.

The biggest issue I have with vocaliser express instead of the old realspeak voices on the jaws cd I got from someone else is pronounciation can sometimes drop back to the occasional us pronounced character or word.

Things are not always as smooth but they are 32 and 64 bit so I don't complain.

And since acapella costs a bundle for the usb keys and since the only distributor in english is english and the cost is really high its not like I will ever buy those.

On 13/10/2020 12:41 pm, Chris Shook wrote:
Hi,
Has Vocalizer for NVDA been updated with the latest voices yet?
Hey, also which voices in Vocalizer are the most expressive?

Chris Shook

The latest voices available.

Chris Shook

Shaun,
You said you have the latest voices, but do you have the latest version of Vocalizer expressive for CodeFactory. The latest version is 1.9.0.

AAh, I have 1.6.6

Its the version I got from atguys ages back, how do I upgrade?

On 13/10/2020 4:33 pm, Chris Shook wrote:
Shaun,
You said you have the latest voices, but do you have the latest version of Vocalizer expressive for CodeFactory. The latest version is 1.9.0.

Gerardo Corripio

Tiflotecnia hasn’t gotten the newer ones, which I’m really looking forward to, if they ever do get them! Angelica from Mexico, Francisca from Chile, US English’ Zoe, and there’s another guy’s voice in US English that I can’t remember!
I collaborate on several blogs and spanish-speaking podcasts online, thus I wish I could have donated a Code Factory license! The trial period ran out! And I really liked its Eloquence! And the voices mentioned before. I could spread the word on those too!

Gera

El 12 oct 2020, a la(s) 9:30 p.m., Shaun Everiss <@smeveriss> escribió:

I have the latest codefactory vocaliser express voices but to be honest thats not been updated with the cerence ones.

The biggest issue I have with vocaliser express instead of the old realspeak voices on the jaws cd I got from someone else is pronounciation can sometimes drop back to the occasional us pronounced character or word.

Things are not always as smooth but they are 32 and 64 bit so I don't complain.

And since acapella costs a bundle for the usb keys and since the only distributor in english is english and the cost is really high its not like I will ever buy those.

On 13/10/2020 12:41 pm, Chris Shook wrote:
Hi,
Has Vocalizer for NVDA been updated with the latest voices yet?
Hey, also which voices in Vocalizer are the most expressive?

Pauline Smith

Good Evening,

I am late to this discussion and my query may already have been addressed.  Where can you get the update for the Code Factory Vocalizer voices?  My copy has been needing an update for quite a while.

Pauline

On 10/12/2020 11:33 PM, Chris Shook wrote:
Shaun,
You said you have the latest voices, but do you have the latest version of Vocalizer expressive for CodeFactory. The latest version is 1.9.0.

well it depends where you got your software originally.

If from atguys, simply download and rerun the installer for both eloquence and vocaliser sapi and they work.

After that, uninstall then reinstall the voices to get the latest updates or at least thats what I did.

I even found a few new voices.