Topics

locked NVDA and wordpress

William Wong

Hi,

I would like to know, are there visually impaired people using wordpress for your site?

Are you using any free webhosting, and any of them are accessible using NVDA?

Thanks,

William

Sarah k Alawami

I personally don't believe in using free web hosting. I pay for all of mine, and my clients' web hosting packages, or at least they do lol! I'ts much better that way, and you are in control of what plugins you use and don't use, and can scan for problems etc.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page

On 12 Mar 2020, at 6:01, William Wong wrote:

Hi,

I would like to know, are there visually impaired people using wordpress for your site?

Are you using any free webhosting, and any of them are accessible using NVDA?

Thanks,

William

I am using wordpress.

Now it depends what you want.

I have used 000webhost which is ftp only and you just run and go but updating is a bit of a bumb as it just won't do automatically.

If you are just starting out, sign up and make a free blog on wordpress.com

Then when logging in use www.wordpress.com/wp-admin to get in and m.wordpress.com to write in a more accessible format.

On 13/03/2020 2:01 am, William Wong wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know, are there visually impaired people using wordpress for your site?

Are you using any free webhosting, and any of them are accessible using NVDA?

Thanks,

William

.

Jackie

William, if you want to have free hosting while at the same time
experimenting w/WordPress, then I suggest you consider a site on
wordpress.com. You get an url that looks like
wordpress.com/yourusername, but it'll allow you to begin discovering
what WordPress has to offer for free & also not have to worry about
administering your site.

The downside, as Sarah points out, is that you don't have as much
control over the themes you can use, & plugins to extend the site's
functionality are pretty much nonexistent.

I do host websites, but I charge for that service, & likely more than
larger companies do, simply because I supply more services behind the
scenes. Note also that my signature contains a mailing list for
WordPress newbies to which you should feel free to subscribe. Lastly,
www.wp4newbs.com is a site that contains some free WordPress
tutorials, but much of it concentrates on site administration, so if
you're going to use wordpress.com for awhile, you might not need those
right now.

I believe wordpress.com allows you to install the WordPress Classic
Editor, & I would recommend you get started w/WordPress using that.

I personally don't believe in using free web hosting. I pay for all of
mine, and my clients' web hosting packages, or at least they do lol!
I'ts much better that way, and you are in control of what plugins you
use and don't use, and can scan for problems etc.

[website.](http://www.tffppodcast.com)

and you can also [follow us on twitter](http://twitter.com/tffppodcast)

Our [discord](http://discord.tffppodcast.com) is where you will know
when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give
the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit [my main lbry
page](http://lbry.tv/@ke7zum) and my [tffp lbry
page](http://lbry.tv/@tffppodcast)

[here](Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast)

On 12 Mar 2020, at 6:01, William Wong wrote:

Hi,

I would like to know, are there visually impaired people using
wordpress for your site?

Are you using any free webhosting, and any of them are accessible
using NVDA?

Thanks,

William

Sarah k Alawami

Actually there is a way to turn off the visual editor. I did this in my prefs and it works nicely. It should work better with nvda if you want to do that.

Take care

On 12 Mar 2020, at 12:26, Shaun Everiss wrote:

I am using wordpress.

Now it depends what you want.

I have used 000webhost which is ftp only and you just run and go but updating is a bit of a bumb as it just won't do automatically.

If you are just starting out, sign up and make a free blog on wordpress.com

Then when logging in use www.wordpress.com/wp-admin to get in and m.wordpress.com to write in a more accessible format.

On 13/03/2020 2:01 am, William Wong wrote:

Hi,

I would like to know, are there visually impaired people using wordpress for your site?

Are you using any free webhosting, and any of them are accessible using NVDA?

Thanks,

William

.

Nimer Jaber

And with that, I am going to lock this thread as we have seemingly moved away from NVDA accessibility to talking about how to use Wordpress. If you would like to learn more about Wordpress, a resource was given for a mailing list, and questions of such nature can be sent to the NVDA chat list as well.

Thanks.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber