NVDA announcing command keys

Don H

When the voice command keys under keyboard setting is checked all command keys are announced including arrow keys tab key and function keys.
All I want to be announced is the function keys. Is there a way to do this

Gene

There is no way to change what the setting announces and, as far as I know, there is no add-on to do this.

Gene

On 1/22/2022 4:37 PM, Don H wrote:
When the voice command keys under keyboard setting is checked all command keys are announced including arrow keys tab key and function keys.
All I want to be announced is the function keys.  Is there a way to do this

Rui Fontes

NVDA Global Extension PlugIn.

It allows to define which command keys are announced.

Rui Fontes

On 1/22/2022 4:37 PM, Don H wrote:
When the voice command keys under keyboard setting is checked all command keys are announced including arrow keys tab key and function keys.
All I want to be announced is the function keys.  Is there a way to do this

David Griffith

I believe this to be incorrect.

Whilst I do not have this setting set in the settings of the NVDA Global Commands Extension addon there are options  to check announcements for virtually every command key on the keyboard including all the available Function keys.

Only the control key combos for paste copy cut etc Announcements are set to on by default but there are certainly individual settings for all the other keys in the addon settings.

The way this works is that you check commands keys to on and then you can work through the list to exclude all the keys you do not want announced in the list.

So excluding everything but the listed function keys should deliver the desired result.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows

On 1/22/2022 4:37 PM, Don H wrote:

> When the voice command keys under keyboard setting is checked all

> command keys are announced including arrow keys tab key and function

> keys.

> All I want to be announced is the function keys.  Is there a way to do

> this

Don H

Where is this NVDA Global Extension PlugIn. located? Don't see such a
addon on the NVDA addon web page.

On 1/22/2022 4:37 PM, Don H wrote:
When the voice command keys under keyboard setting is checked all
command keys are announced including arrow keys tab key and function
keys.
All I want to be announced is the function keys.  Is there a way to
do this

Edited

In the NVDA Add-Ons Directory.

Just search on the word Global in the "Name or summary contains" search box.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Gene

I've been playing with the Global Plugins add-on and my question is, how to you find the commands or gestures that are assigned to certain commands?  I see that there are all sorts of items you can install but if I install one, then what?  None of this is explained on the web page.  A list of features is given but nothing about how to work with the add-on.

Gene

On 1/22/2022 5:56 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
In the NVDA Add-Ons Directory.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Gene,

The best I can do is refer you to:  https://github.com/paulber19/NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin/blob/master/readme.md