NVDA announcing "Unknown"

anthony borg

Hi

Can somebody explain to me that everytime when the NVDA screen reader is loaded, it keeps announcing the word unknown. Even when I use firefox.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Anthony,

Do you know how to runthe com registration tool? I’ve had to do that whenever I heard “unknown”. You’ll find the com registration tool in the NVDA menu under “tools”.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Can somebody explain to me that everytime when the NVDA screen reader is loaded, it keeps announcing the word unknown. Even when I use firefox.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Chris Mullins

Hi Anthony

I think NVDA announces “unknown” when it encounters a control or object it cannot interpret.  I hear it spoken twice when I first sign into Windows and occasionally when browsing the internet but if I can successfully use the software on my machine, I’m not bothered about the odd “unknown” being spoken every now and then.

Cheers

Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Can somebody explain to me that everytime when the NVDA screen reader is loaded, it keeps announcing the word unknown. Even when I use firefox.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Monte Single

I also hear nvda say”unknown once in a while.

It never seems to bother what I am doing so I ignore it.

Can somebody explain to me that everytime when the NVDA screen reader is loaded, it keeps announcing the word unknown. Even when I use firefox.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

anthony borg

Hi Rosemarie

I tried the run com registration tool and it remained the same.

Anthony

Can somebody explain to me that everytime when the NVDA screen reader is loaded, it keeps announcing the word unknown. Even when I use firefox.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

anthony borg

Thanks for the info Chris.

Can somebody explain to me that everytime when the NVDA screen reader is loaded, it keeps announcing the word unknown. Even when I use firefox.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Anthony,

You might want to do a clean installation of NVDA. I don’t know what else to suggest.

Rosemarie

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I tried the run com registration tool and it remained the same.

Anthony

Can somebody explain to me that everytime when the NVDA screen reader is loaded, it keeps announcing the word unknown. Even when I use firefox.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Arlene

Yes, I hear that once in awhile. I’m not bothered buy it. I heard it so often I’m not too concerned about it.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I also hear nvda say”unknown once in a while.

It never seems to bother what I am doing so I ignore it.

Can somebody explain to me that everytime when the NVDA screen reader is loaded, it keeps announcing the word unknown. Even when I use firefox.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

anthony borg

Ok thanks once again rosemarie.