Topics

NVDA: Auto-Complete While Commenting On Facebook Using Google Chrome

Richard Wells

Hello: Using NVDA 2019.2.1 and Google Chrome latest, is there a way to
prevent or at least dismiss Facebook trying to fill in mention tags
while typing comments? I was typing the word "Christ" and it
auto-completed Christy McCellon which is one of my Facebook friends who
I was not trying to tag in my post. It is expanding the tag/mentions
thingy on Facebook and I just need to know how to collapse it and make
it stop trying to do that.

Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...>

Richard, I just keep typing, and the list collapses. It shouldn't input a person's name unless you press Enter on a selection in the pop--up list. Unfortunately, if you want to mention someone in this way, and there's more than one name in the list, NVDA won't read them. So, it's hit or miss. Most of the time, I use mbasic.facebook.com or m.facebook.com, and I don't have this problem. I hope this helps.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com