Topics

NVDA automatically switches between two synthesizers

Akshaya Choudhary

Hello guys,
I'm facing a weird issue with NVDA. It automatically switches between two synthesizers. For example, if I'm using Windows One Core, then NVDA will switch to E speak by itself as soon as I interact with any of the Windows's application s or any word/text file. To fix this I have to reselect the synthesizer of my choice and restart NVDA. The issue remains when I restart thee computer. I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 and NVDA 19.2.1. If anyone could help, it would be great.

--
Regards,
Sociohack

Tyler Spivey

You probably have a config profile. If you don't want one, delete it.

If you do, then go read the docs to understand how they work, and how absolutely broken the design is.

On 3/17/2020 2:15 AM, Akshaya Choudhary wrote:
Hello guys,
I'm facing a weird issue with NVDA. It automatically switches between two synthesizers. For example, if I'm using Windows One Core, then NVDA will switch to E speak by itself as soon as I interact with any of the Windows's application s or any word/text file. To fix this I have to reselect the synthesizer of my choice and restart NVDA. The issue remains when I restart thee computer. I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 and NVDA 19.2.1. If anyone could help, it would be great.

--
Regards,
Sociohack

Chris Mullins

Sent: 17 March 2020 09:15
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA automatically switches between two synthesizers

Hello guys, Hi

Do you have any Configuration Profiles defined for the affected apps?

Cheers

Chris

--
Regards,
Sociohack

Jacob Kruger

Probably not relevant, but, maybe try going into NVDA voice settings - NvDA key + V - and, tab over to automatic language switching checkbox and try turning it off? After that, there's also anotehr checkbox for automatic dialect switching, and, while neither of these should specifically switch synthesizers - don't think so anyway - maybe try turning them off to see if that makes a difference?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
"...resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2020-03-17 02:13 PM, Chris Mullins wrote:

Sent: 17 March 2020 09:15
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA automatically switches between two synthesizers

Hello guys, Hi

Do you have any Configuration Profiles defined for the affected apps?

Cheers

Chris

--
Regards,
Sociohack