Topics

NVDA behaviour

Hello everyone,
After I upgraded to Windows 10 I have been having some issues with NVDA.
When I am in a document NVDA does not speak lines when I do Up/down
arro, leters when I do left/right arrow, words when I do control_right
arro etc.
The only time it speaks when I do select all or when pressing spacebar
after each word.
The same things happen in brows mode on the Internet.
Your responses will be appreciated.
Nevzat

--
We have probed the Earth, excavated it, burned it, ripped things from
it, buried things in it... That does not fit my definition of a good

Roger Stewart

That's not happening here at all. It seems to be reading normally as it always has.

Roger

On 3/16/2016 3:39 PM, Nevzat Adil wrote:
Hello everyone,
After I upgraded to Windows 10 I have been having some issues with NVDA.
When I am in a document NVDA does not speak lines when I do Up/down
arro, leters when I do left/right arrow, words when I do control_right
arro etc.
The only time it speaks when I do select all or when pressing spacebar
after each word.
The same things happen in brows mode on the Internet.
Your responses will be appreciated.
Nevzat

Gene

Try uninstalling NVDA and reinstalling it.  I've seen discussions where doing that corrected problems with NVDA working with this or that program.  It appears that NVDA doesn't necessarily upgrade correctly when upgrading to Windows 10.

Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2016 4:07 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA behaviour

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 02:44 pm, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
It appears that NVDA doesn't necessarily upgrade correctly when upgrading to Windows 10.

I second Gene's suggestion about uninstall/reinstall and want to note that it's not just NVDA, or even screen readers/assistive technology that has fallen prey to not quite surviving intact on a machine that has been upgraded from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10.  The first suggestion when you experience behavior that is almost right, but not quite, is to uninstall and reinstall the offending program.

Brian

What I actually did was uninstall nvda, do the upgrade with a portable then reinstall it.
make a portable of nvda and run that, uninstall the old nvda and then reinstall it.

On 17/03/2016 9:39 a.m., Nevzat Adil wrote:
Hello everyone,
After I upgraded to Windows 10 I have been having some issues with NVDA.
When I am in a document NVDA does not speak lines when I do Up/down
arro, leters when I do left/right arrow, words when I do control_right
arro etc.
The only time it speaks when I do select all or when pressing spacebar
after each word.
The same things happen in brows mode on the Internet.
Your responses will be appreciated.
Nevzat

Thank you all. I'll uninstall and reinstall as you suggested.