NVDA closes after disconnecting from bluetooth

Jimmy Vonderlinden

 I'm using NVDA 2020.4 and I use bluetooth speakers for my computer that turn off after no activity for a while. When I turn the speaker back on and it reconnects, NVDA  is closed and I need do the control alt n shortcut
Has anyone experienced this and if so, any workarounds?
Thanks
If it helps, I use a JBL charge 3 . It's a great speaker by the way
Have a great day guys

Yeti

Hello ?,

When I turn the speaker back on and it reconnects, NVDA is
closed and I need do the control alt n shortcut
I do nearly the same many times a day with a BT Headset and have no trouble with it.

What BT stack Do You use?
And what windows?

Ad Astra

Yeti

Jimmy Vonderlinden

On Sunday, March 21, 2021, 8:33 AM, Yeti <jbslists@...> wrote:

Hello ?,

> When I turn the speaker back on and it reconnects, NVDA  is
> closed and I need do the control alt n shortcut

I do nearly the same many times a day with a BT Headset and have no trouble with it.

What BT stack Do You use?
And what windows?

Ad Astra

Yeti

I use windows 10

Quentin Christensen

Sorry for the delay replying.

If you haven't already got another solution, there is an add-on which might help called "BluetoothAudio".  It basically stops your bluetooth headphones / speakers from going into standby mode: https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/BluetoothAudio.en.html

As noted on the page, that can reduce battery life of your bluetooth audio device - but it might also make using them a smoother experience as well.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Quentin,

Jimmy originally offered, "When I turn the speaker back on and it reconnects, NVDA  is closed and I need do the control alt n shortcut."

The way I'm reading this is that it's not a typical complaint about "the usual Bluetooth sleeping issues" but that NVDA itself is closing unexpectedly and must be restarted using the keyboard shortcut to fire it up (though one could, of course, fire it up via any method of one's choosing).

Now, if Mr. Vonderlinden would clarify, that would help a lot.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon