Topics

nvda command line switches

Hi joseph.

I am changing the subject so its a bit more relevant.

Is there a list of command line switches for nvda somewhere and what do they do.

I wander if like in other  things like brousers like you could have something like.

nvda/safe.

nvda, no addons, default synth, default settings.

You could run nvda and fix anything broken that way.

What are the actual command switches  anyway?

On 1/03/2020 11:36 am, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

For everyone experiencing this issue, try:

  1. Open Run dialog (Windows+R).
  2. Type the following as exactly as shown:

nvda --disable-addons

This assumes you have NVDA installed. Press Enter after typing the above text and see if you can then open NVDA settings interface. If yes, it might be an add-on or two that’s at fault.

Cheers,

Joseph