Topics

NVDA doesn't read context menu

=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?=

Hi

The last Alpha and 2019.3.1 all do not read context menu.
Narrator can read it.
How can I do to fix this problem?

Cheers

Quentin Christensen

Hi,

Where are you trying to access the context menu?  Is it just in one program, or everywhere, eg does it differ if you try to access a context menu on say an item on the desktop vs the context menu on selected text in Word, (or notepad)?  Are you using any add-ons - if you press NVDA+Q then down arrow to "Restart with add-ons disabled" does it make a difference?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?=

Hello

I cannot access context menu on desktop, file explorer and notepad etc.
But some where can accessed such Microsof Word.
And windows+x menu and IE screen also cannot be accessed.
Thank you!

Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 15:27:57 +1100
From: Quentin Christensen <quentin@...>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Cc: NVDA Official Group <nvda@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA doesn't read context menu
Hi,
Where are you trying to access the context menu?  Is it just in one program, or everywhere, eg does it differ if you try to access a context menu on say an item on the desktop vs the context menu on selected text in Word, (or notepad)?
Are you using any add-ons - if you press NVDA+Q then down arrow to "Restart with add-ons disabled" does it make a difference?
On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 2:10 PM 高生旺 <coscell@...> wrote:
Hi

The last Alpha and 2019.3.1 all do not read context menu.
Narrator can read it.
How can I do to fix this problem?

Cheers
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager
Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen

Did you try restarting with add-ons disabled?

The only other thing I can think to try is press NVDA+N then T for tools, then select and go through "COM Registration fixing tool".

Failing all that, if you could capture a copy of your log at "Debug" level with add-ons disabled, and send it to me at info@....

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?=

I've re-install nvda and not install any addons yet.
BTW, This problem was happened after uninstall office.
Although I reinstalled office still not solved it.

Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 16:05:52 +1100
From: Quentin Christensen <quentin@...>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager
Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen

Try the COM registration fixing tool.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?=

Have tried several times.

Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 16:14:49 +1100
From: Quentin Christensen <quentin@...>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io