Topics

NVDA ebooks: Is there one for Access?

Mallard

Hello all,

Years ago I bought an ebook to learn to use NVDA with Word.

Is there anything like it for Access?

If not, is there any other material to learn how to use Access with nVDA?

Many thanks in advance.

Ciao,

Ollie

Quentin Christensen

Hi Ollie,

We don't have one for Access I'm afraid.  I'm working on one for PowerPoint at this stage.  Once that's complete, I'm not sure what topic we'll tackle next, but of course if there is interest in Access, we wouldn't rule it out.  Anecdotally, I've only been asked about Access a few times in recent years so it's not something everyone uses as much as they used to.

If you've got specific things you are having trouble with in Access do let us know and I or someone can have a look into it of course.

Kind regards
Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Mallard

Hello Quentin,

Many thanks. It wasn't for myself, but for a dear friend.

I'll ask him what his issues are, and in case I'll let you know.

Many thanks for your kindness, as usual..

Ciao, take cae,

Ollie

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 8:50 AM Mallard <mallard@... <mailto:mallard@...>> wrote:

Hello all,

Years ago I bought an ebook to learn to use NVDA with Word.

Is there anything like it for Access?

If not, is there any other material to learn how to use Access
with nVDA?

Many thanks in advance.

Ciao,

Ollie

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>

Giles Turnbull

Hi Quentin,

I'd actually be quite interested in a guide to using Access with NVDA. I've just applied for a job that involves a lot of data analysis ... something I used to do with Access in my sighted days.

When I lived in America I worked at a call centre run by Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired in Rochester, NY, and they used Access to log calls. I was using JAWS then because that was what was installed, but an NVDA guide would be very helpful :)

Giles