Topics

nvda error tone

Aschalew Byness

I am using nvda beta version. I hear error every few minutes. I
couldn't find out the error though.

Quentin Christensen

The Alpha and Beta versions of NVDA play an error sound whenever an error is written to the log.  In many cases, when NVDA hits an error, it is able to fall back and try something else which works - so the end result for the user is that whatever they expected happens as it should.  The error sound is largely there for developers to investigate their fixes and code to ensure it is not producing errors.  We turn the sound off in the RC and Stable builds.

There has been discussion previously about how best to implement this sound - whether to have a toggle to enable or disable it for instance, but no change has been made.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen