nvda global commands extension

Marisane Moruthanyana

Hi nvda tech gurus

I hope you are well.

I am trying my best.

I have found this wonderful addon for nvda called nvda global commands
extension.

It is nearly the same as JAWS command for activating system tray,
taskbar window, etc.

It can also echo copy, cut and paste commands.

One thing that I think it still needs to do is emulating the append command.

I think that command is very important and needs to be added to the
list of commands already packaged with the addon.

Is there any plans about that soon?

Shedding light on that is appreciated in advance.

God bless
Marisane

Discussed very recently in this very group.  See message:  https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/86215

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Marisane Moruthanyana

Hi Brian

I thank you for the information.

I have seen the message by Gene.

However, the addon does not have the append emulating command yet.

What I am talking about is what clip content designer has recently
added to its package.

Append text to the clipboard.

The command is activated by CTRL+WinKey+C.

This is what JAWS does.

The command is very important when one is editing a long text.

I wish whoever is responsible for NVDA global commands extension can
take this request into account.

Hope you find this in order.

Marisane

Discussed very recently in this very group.  See message:
https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/86215

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
conscientious stupidity.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Rui Fontes

You should ask add-on author for that addition...

The e-mail address is:

paulber19@laposte.net

Rui Fontes

Às 17:48 de 09/08/2021, Marisane Moruthanyana escreveu:

[...]

Hi Rui

Thank you for the helpful information.

I will communicate with the author.

Thanks once again.
Marisane

On 8/9/21, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@tiflotecnia.com> wrote:
[...]

Gene

I was sure there is an add-on that allows appending to the clipboard.  I did a Google search that said, roughly, append to clipboard nvda add-on and the following page was displayed as one of the earliest results.

While it may be desirable to add the function to the other adde-on being discussed, whether it is or not, you can do what you want with this add-on.

Sent: Monday, August 09, 2021 11:48 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda global commands extension

Hi Brian

I thank you for the information.

I have seen the message by Gene.

However, the addon does not have the append emulating command yet.

What I am talking about is what clip content designer has recently
added to its package.

Append text to the clipboard.

The command is activated by CTRL+WinKey+C.

This is what JAWS does.

The command is very important when one is editing a long text.

I wish whoever is responsible for NVDA global commands extension can
take this request into account.

Hope you find this in order.

Marisane

> Discussed very recently in this very group.  See message:
> https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/86215
> --
>
> Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043
>
> Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
> conscientious stupidity.
>
> ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Marisane Moruthanyana

Hi Gene

I know of clip content designer and have installed it.

It is ok, but it clashes with nvda global commands extentsion.

My thinking is they clash, because they share some of the commands.

Clip content designer is also sometimes sluggish.

That is why I prefer nvda GCE.

Hope you find this in order.

Marisane

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipContentsDesigner.en.html

[...]