Topics

NVDA goes silent with Outlook 365

Janet Brandly

Hello all,

I am using the latest version of NVDA with Windows 10. This is something IO have noticed with at least the last 2 versions of NVDA. When Outlook 365 is downloading messages, NVDA goes silent, even if I’m working in another window. Does anyone know how to fix this? Maybe I need to set Outlook to only download email messages when I tell it to?

Thanks,

Janet

Jonathan COHN

I believe there is a setting (perhaps in advanced) to have NVDA use UIA for Office applications. Does the behavior change if you toggle this?

Janet Brandly

Hello Johnathon,

I’m not really sure what that is or how to change it. Would you mind explaining further?

Thanks,

Janet