Topics

NVDA Highlighter Window

Chris Mullins

Hi

I have a window on my task bar entitled “NVDA Highlighter Window” but when I attempt to switch focus to it, it is unavailable.  Any idea what this is?

I am using:

NVDA version 2020.1

Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.388)

Cheers

Chris

Laughing Thunder

If you have it set to highlight the focus, or browse mode cursors visually, that’s what this is. If you turn those off in the visuals category of the Settings dialogue, the window will go away. Otherwise, just ignore it as it’s related to the focus highlighting.

--
Laughingthunder

Chris Mullins

Hi

Thanks, I haven’t altered my settings recently and it suddenly appeared but has now gone.  I have just checked the Vision settings, Enable Highlighting is half-checked but I’ve no idea what that means   and Highlight System Focus is checked.

Cheers

Chris

If you have it set to highlight the focus, or browse mode cursors visually, that’s what this is. If you turn those off in the visuals category of the Settings dialogue, the window will go away. Otherwise, just ignore it as it’s related to the focus highlighting.

On Jul 15, 2020, at 5:40 AM, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:

Hi

I have a window on my task bar entitled “NVDA Highlighter Window” but when I attempt to switch focus to it, it is unavailable.  Any idea what this is?

I am using:

NVDA version 2020.1

Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.388)

Cheers

Chris

--
Laughingthunder

Laughing Thunder

That's a little odd. If you have a checkbox that's half-checked, just use space to toggle it until it's unchecked. If you don't need the focus highlighting that is.

On 7/15/2020 4:00 PM, Chris Mullins wrote:

[...]

Quentin Christensen

If it happens to come back and you happen to have NVDA set to record logs at Debug level, I'd be interested in a copy of the log.  It's not the desired behaviour (normally focus highlight doesn't require its own window), so if it does happen in a particular situation (and even better if we can narrow down what causes it) we can investigate.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 9:04 AM Laughing Thunder <laughingthunder26@...> wrote:

[...]

Training and Support Manager