NVDA Is Malfunctioning On My Windows10 Computer

Ibrahim Ajayi

Hi good people:
NVDA does not work properly on my computer. This happens most often,
when I am on the internet. It is some times very difficult for me to
launch a browser.
I use mozilla firefox, but many times it is very difficult for me to
launch it. I try running the com registration tool, but it doesn't
change anything.
Added to that, when I launch microsoft word, it takes ages to launch
and start reading anything. And even the reading is so slow.
Is there a way of getting around this problem?
I use an old version of the program, which is the 2020 release. The
latest version is not compatible with an AdOn I use with my preferred
speech synthesizer.
Hope to get some help.
I also want to find out the use of a portable copy of NVDA. I've never
tried it out. Can it help me in this situation I've just spelt out.
Kind regards.
Ibrahim.

Chris

Its probably more likely to be an windows problem rather than an issue with NVDA

[...]

Gene

As you describe the problem, we don’t yet know if NVDA has anything to do with it.  Have you tried using browsers or other programs that present problems with another screen-reader?

Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2021 12:04 PM

On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 03:15 PM, Gene wrote:
As you describe the problem, we don’t yet know if NVDA has anything to do with it.  Have you tried using browsers or other programs that present problems with another screen-reader?
-
Indeed.  And I agree with Chris's earlier assertion that this is far more likely to be a Windows issue than an NVDA issue.  Too many things are misbehaving.

         ~ John F. Kennedy

tim

A few things to check, type of hard drive,amount of space on hard drive, amount of ram helps.

All of the above can make your computer run slow on some tasks.