From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2019 3:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Nvda keeps repeating every thing twice on the whats new page with alpha.

Hi Nvda devs, I have now for at least 3 weeks now when reading the
what's new under the help of Nvda alphahad the problem of Nvda repeating
everything twice, it did not used to do this! every thing and every
link it speaks twice it is very annoying. tried espeak and the sinth I
use is RH voice, any ideas? thanking you all in advance.

Quentin Christensen

As Joseph said, which browser are you using?

Firefox does seem to repeat a couple of things at the start, even moreso than Chrome - partly also, the title of the page "What's new in NVDA" is the same as the first heading level1 which starts the page, so that text gets read at least twice.  After that, the version number, new features etc, should all be read only once.

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 10:18 AM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:
Hi,
Which web browser is this?
Cheers,
Joseph

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Kevin Cussick

edge dev and firefox I am sure I already said this but maybe not.

On 29/11/2019 23:18, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Which web browser is this?
Cheers,
Joseph
Hi Nvda devs, I have now for at least 3 weeks now when reading the
what's new under the help of Nvda alphahad the problem of Nvda repeating
everything twice, it did not used to do this! every thing and every
link it speaks twice it is very annoying. tried espeak and the sinth I
use is RH voice, any ideas? thanking you all in advance.

Kevin Cussick

as I say using firefox and edge dev. happens with both.

On 30/11/2019 23:47, Quentin Christensen wrote:
As Joseph said, which browser are you using?
Firefox does seem to repeat a couple of things at the start, even moreso than Chrome - partly also, the title of the page "What's new in NVDA" is the same as the first heading level1 which starts the page, so that text gets read at least twice.  After that, the version number, new features etc, should all be read only once.
On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 10:18 AM Joseph Lee <@joslee <mailto:@joslee>> wrote:
Hi,
Which web browser is this?
Cheers,