Topics

NVDA list accessibility

bhanu computer

Edited

hi all, when i use jaws and if i access any listed links by down arrow and click any link it is clicking it. but if i access listed links  using down arrow in NVDA then its not working if i press enter. unless i move focus manually to the link. but in jaws i dont need to move my focus manually to the link after bullet it automaticly moves its focus. but i want to impliment in NVDA. is that posible? if so, how.
thankyou

Sean

I think you can do it with NVDA+V.

It doesn't use intuitive screen layout and items are stacked one after the other.

I may have confused the shortcut.

[Edited Message Follows]

--

Sean

I’m student and programmer. I write often Python, sometimes Go and rare C++.
I can understand Turkish and English.

bhanu computer

Edited

thanks for the reply. but in jaws it will say for example bullet link home. but when i disable screen layout the it is saying like bullet and at next line and i will say link home. but jaws will say bullet link home and if we press enter without moving focus it will bee clicked. but in NVDA i cant implement this. NVDA is really great. i think it is posible. please tell if it is posible.

Ron Canazzi

Hi Bhanu,

With NVDA, when you press insert + F7,  you get a list of all elements--not just links.  Back tab once after invoking this keystroke and make sure that 'links' is highlighted.  Then when you invoke the key stroke and use first letter navigation to highlight a link, when you press enter, the link will activate.

On 4/30/2020 2:12 AM, bhanu computer wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

hi all, when i use jaws and if i access any listed links by down arrow and click any link it is clicking it. but if i access listed links  using down arrow in NVDA then its not working if i press enter. unless i move focus manually to the link. but in jaws i dont need to move my focus manually to the link after bullet it automaticly moves its focus. but i want to impliment in NVDA. is that posible? if so, how.
thankyou

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Sarah k Alawami

I've seen this bug. Sometimes it happens where you have to move to the link but most of the time 99 percent of the time I just hit enter and it just works just like jaws.

On 29 Apr 2020, at 23:12, bhanu computer wrote:

hi all, when i use jaws and if i access any listed links by down arrow and click any link it is clicking it. but if i access listed links  using down arrow then its not working if i press enter. unless i move focus manually to the link. but i jaws i dont need to move my focus manually to the link after bullet it automaticly moves its focus. but i want to impliment in NVDA. is that posible? if so, how.
thankyou

Sarah k Alawami

You do not need to shift tab. You can I think hit alt k in the list to filter by links. Alt l is lists, and I think alt f is form fields. There is another key but I remember it not at the moment.

On 30 Apr 2020, at 6:38, Ron Canazzi wrote:

[...]

i visited a website called samtupy.com and he have navigation in a list with bullets. when i focus on first link the focus is staying on only bullet and i must move my focus to link. hope you understud.

Andre Fisher

Hi.

Press K to move to the link right away, and press Space/Enter to activate it. The reason this happens is because the link is not at the start of the line. It's not a bug. K and Shift+K moves between links in browse mode.

bhanu computer

but i dont know how the jaws moves it to the end of the line. is it posible to move to the end of line automaticly with NVDA?

Jonathan COHN

I believe you want this option in Browse mode settings to be changed:
Screen Layout. It will read links on a separate line from the surrounding content.

bhanu computer

but leave about list normally is there a way to move to end of line?

Gene

I'm not sure what you want to do. If you are reading a web page, the same command, end, moves you to the end of the line you are on. NVDA, in browse mode, uses the same navigation commands as JAWS does in the Virtual PC Cursor and they are the same commands used in navigating a document in a word processor.