Topics

NVDA list accessibility

bhanu computer

Edited

hi all, when i use jaws and if i access any listed links by down arrow and click any link it is clicking it. but if i access listed links  using down arrow in NVDA then its not working if i press enter. unless i move focus manually to the link. but in jaws i dont need to move my focus manually to the link after bullet it automaticly moves its focus. but i want to impliment in NVDA. is that posible? if so, how.
thankyou

Sean

I think you can do it with NVDA+V.

It doesn't use intuitive screen layout and items are stacked one after the other.

I may have confused the shortcut.

On 30/04/2020 09:12, bhanu computer wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

hi all, when i use jaws and if i access any listed links by down arrow and click any link it is clicking it. but if i access listed links  using down arrow in NVDA then its not working if i press enter. unless i move focus manually to the link. but in jaws i dont need to move my focus manually to the link after bullet it automaticly moves its focus. but i want to impliment in NVDA. is that posible? if so, how.
thankyou
--

Sean

I’m student and programmer. I write often Python, sometimes Go and rare C++.
I can understand Turkish and English.

bhanu computer

Edited

thanks for the reply. but in jaws it will say for example bullet link home. but when i disable screen layout the it is saying like bullet and at next line and i will say link home. but jaws will say bullet link home and if we press enter without moving focus it will bee clicked. but in NVDA i cant implement this. NVDA is really great. i think it is posible. please tell if it is posible.

Ron Canazzi

Hi Bhanu,

With NVDA, when you press insert + F7,  you get a list of all elements--not just links.  Back tab once after invoking this keystroke and make sure that 'links' is highlighted.  Then when you invoke the key stroke and use first letter navigation to highlight a link, when you press enter, the link will activate.

On 4/30/2020 2:12 AM, bhanu computer wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

thankyou

-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Sarah k Alawami

I've seen this bug. Sometimes it happens where you have to move to the link but most of the time 99 percent of the time I just hit enter and it just works just like jaws.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 29 Apr 2020, at 23:12, bhanu computer wrote:

hi all, when i use jaws and if i access any listed links by down arrow and click any link it is clicking it. but if i access listed links  using down arrow then its not working if i press enter. unless i move focus manually to the link. but i jaws i dont need to move my focus manually to the link after bullet it automaticly moves its focus. but i want to impliment in NVDA. is that posible? if so, how.
thankyou

Sarah k Alawami

You do not need to shift tab. You can I think hit alt k in the list to filter by links. Alt l is lists, and I think alt f is form fields. There is another key but I remember it not at the moment.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 30 Apr 2020, at 6:38, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Hi Bhanu,

With NVDA, when you press insert + F7,  you get a list of all elements--not just links.  Back tab once after invoking this keystroke and make sure that 'links' is highlighted.  Then when you invoke the key stroke and use first letter navigation to highlight a link, when you press enter, the link will activate.

On 4/30/2020 2:12 AM, bhanu computer wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

thankyou

-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

bhanu computer

i visited a website called samtupy.com and he have navigation in a list with bullets. when i focus on first link the focus is staying on only bullet and i must move my focus to link. hope you understud.

Andre Fisher

Hi.

Press K to move to the link right away, and press Space/Enter to activate it. The reason this happens is because the link is not at the start of the line. It's not a bug. K and Shift+K moves between links in browse mode.

bhanu computer

but i dont know how the jaws moves it to the end of the line. is it posible to move to the end of line automaticly with NVDA?

Jonathan COHN

I believe you want this option in Browse mode settings to be changed:
Screen Layout. It will read links on a separate line from the surrounding content.

bhanu computer

but leave about list normally is there a way to move to end of line?

Gene

I'm not sure what you want to do. If you are reading a web page, the same command, end, moves you to the end of the line you are on. NVDA, in browse mode, uses the same navigation commands as JAWS does in the Virtual PC Cursor and they are the same commands used in navigating a document in a word processor.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2020 10:47 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA list accessibility

but leave about list normally is there a way to move to end of line?

bhanu computer

Edited

oh and also how to use PC cursur on NVDA is there a way?
and also what i mean to use is is there a way to move NVDA cursor automaticly to the end of the line while we are reading a webpage? thankyou

Gene

I'm not sure what you are asking. The PC cursor is what you use in programs that already have cursors or in lists and other such structures. Are you asking about the virtual PC curssor on web sites? NVDA has what it calls Browse Mode, which is the ssame thing as the virtual PC cursor. Is that what you are asking about?

Gene

Sent: Friday, May 01, 2020 9:24 PM

Gene

No. There are no settings effecting this behavior.

Gene

Sent: Friday, May 01, 2020 9:24 PM

[Edited Message Follows]

and also what i mean to use is is there a way to move NVDA cursor automaticly to the end of the line while we are reading a webpage? thankyou

bhanu computer

i am asking how to press PC cursor in NVDA is there a way

Gene

You can switch screen review modes but I'm not sure if it makes sense to describe all that here. In general, you should be in objecgt navigation. When you want to use screen review mode, if you stay in it, things may not work as expected after you use it so you should move back to object navigation after you use a different mode. If you haven't changed your mode, you are now in object navigation. You might be best served by getting the NVDA tutorial on how to use it that is sold bhy NVDA staff. I'm not sure the cost. If you don't want to do that, let us know. Other list members may suggest other resources that are free. I haven't used them and I can't compare them. Or you may want to look at the manual but a lot of people find working with tutorials much more pleasant or easy to understand. Of course, I don't know what you prefer.

Gene

Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2020 3:09 AM

Rosemarie Chavarria

NVDA doesn't have a PC cursor like Jaws. Browse mode is like the PC cursor.

On 5/2/2020 1:09 AM, bhanu computer wrote:

Gene

Browse mode is not like the PC cursor. Browse Mode is equivalent to the Virtual PC Cursor in JAWS and has nothing to do with the PC cursor.

Gene

Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2020 11:34 AM

Hi,
What JAWS calls PC cursor, NVDA sees it as system focus and caret. As Gene explained, browse mode in NVDA is equivalent (somewhat) to virtual PC cursor with forms mode off.
Cheers,
Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, May 2, 2020 12:07 PM

Browse mode is not like the PC cursor. Browse Mode is equivalent to the Virtual PC Cursor in JAWS and has nothing to do with the PC cursor.

Gene
Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2020 11:34 AM