Topics

NVDA misbehaving after a Windows Update and NVDA Update

r pardhasaradhi reddy

Hello nvda community! I am facing an issue with NVDA screen reader software. Yesterday I update my Windows 10 version 2018.3 to 2020.
So when I updated my Windows nvda software does not work properly.
It doesn't speak some buttons example when I press the tab button start button cortana button show desktop button and some more buttons but nvda hasn't speak some buttons and dialogue boxes.
When I going to Chrome browser in every time nvda has not responded.
I have to reset the all nvda settings but my problem is not solved.
I already uninstall the software and reinstall it but no change.
Narrator and jaws both are working properly.
How can I solve my problem please help me. Thank you

Quentin Christensen

I'm a bit confused about what exactly you've updated... 2018.3 sounds like an NVDA version (from 2018) moreso than a Windows version.  In any case, have you restarted your PC since you updated.

If you did update NVDA from 2018.3 to 2020.3, are you using any NVDA add-ons?  You should have been warned about any which are incompatible between these two versions, but I thought I'd check just in case.  If you press NVDA+Q then down arrow to "Restart NVDA with add-ons disabled", you can restart NVDA and check whether it works better.

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

r pardhasaradhi reddy

Hello sir! first of all thankyou reply to me.I update windows to 2018 to 2020. When I update the windows, NVDA Is doesn't speak some buttons and When I going to chrome browser NVDA doesn't respond to me.When I press the shift tab or tab or insert+B it saying pain button.I remove the all addons in NVDA.
But my problem is not solved.
2 hours back your told me one option that is restart with addons option.
I find that option But it said restart with the addons disable
When I focused the that option then press enter  my NVDA was restarted.
but My problem is not solved.
Please tell me sir? How can I solve my problem.
My NVDA version  is 2020point 3

Well, make sure all addons are updated and make sure nvda itself is updated.

You probably havn't updated win10 apps in a while, make sure that and nvda is updated and make sure you have the addon updater installed.

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 06:33 AM, r pardhasaradhi reddy wrote:
I update windows to 2018 to 2020.
-
Can you please hit the Windows key, immediately type winver, hit enter, then report back the exact Windows 10 Version and Build number on your machine?  You can also hit WinKey+R, enter winver in the edit box, then hit Enter if you prefer.

There was no Windows 10 2018 nor is there a Windows 10 2020.  Since there are two Feature Updates per calendar year, it's really essential that we know precisely which version of Windows 10 you're running.  Then we can move on from there.

It would also be helpful for you to hit NVDA+H,A and make certain that the NVDA version itself is 2020.3 and report back whether it is or is not, and if it is not, give the version number.

     ~ Kelley Boorn

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

I am guessing it is nvda that you updated and windows near the same time and some thing went wrong.

Maybe if it was windows some of the files needed in windows became un registed and hopefully the tool will fix the problem

Try the Run COM Registration Fixing tool... which is found under the tools section in NVDA and when located press the enter key on it and follow directions.

You might need to restart your computer and hopefully that will fix the problem. I usually shut down the pc then restart it as some times a restart of the pc does not fix the problem

By the way to find out which version of windows you have in the search box type winver then press the enter key and the next page that comes up will tell you the version number of windows.

If it is windows check under the help then about section as I am guessing that is what you are referring to when you said from win 18 to win 20 or some thing like that in the previous email.

If it says nvda 2020.3 then it is up to date with nvda.

Gene nz

On 22/10/2020 9:22 pm, r pardhasaradhi reddy wrote:

Hello nvda community! I am facing an issue with NVDA screen reader software. Yesterday I update my Windows 10 version 2018.3 to 2020.
So when I updated my Windows nvda software does not work properly.
It doesn't speak some buttons example when I press the tab button start button cortana button show desktop button and some more buttons but nvda hasn't speak some buttons and dialogue boxes.
When I going to Chrome browser in every time nvda has not responded.
I have to reset the all nvda settings but my problem is not solved.
I already uninstall the software and reinstall it but no change.
Narrator and jaws both are working properly.
How can I solve my problem please help me. Thank you

r pardhasaradhi reddy

Thank you sir respond to me . My Windows version is 2004 and my nvda version is 2020.3.
Some of the members said run kam registration tool.
I have already run this tool and restart my PC. But my problem is not solved.

I know you've said you already did this, but, I would suggest downloading a fresh copy of the NVDA 2020.3 installer, uninstalling NVDA, restarting your machine, then reinstalling NVDA with the fresh installer.  Don't skip the restart step and do it between uninstalling and reinstalling.

     ~ Kelley Boorn