NVDA - Missing OneCore Voices on New Laptop

Bill Chilcott

Hi folks. I have just changed my laptop and, on re-installing NVDA Windows
one core voices, I noticed I have not got David, Susan and Mark. Is there
any way of getting these voices back, especially David, which I used all the
time? Any help over this would be gratefully appreciated.
Regards, Bill.

Chris

The most obvious thing to try is to restart NVDA and if that doesnt work then RESTART the laptop

And finally if all else fails then remove and add the voices again

Hi folks. I have just changed my laptop and, on re-installing NVDA Windows

one core voices, I noticed I have not got David, Susan and Mark. Is there

any way of getting these voices back, especially David, which I used all the

time? Any help over this would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards, Bill.

Jackie

A couple things here, Bill.

1) Please go to your synthesizer settings in NVDA & press control +
NVDA key + s, or press NVDA + n > preferences > settings > speech &
then tab to & activate the change button. Either way, you should now
be in the synthesizer dialog.

2) Arrow down to "1 core voices" & press enter.

3)Tab once to voice & choose the 1 you want. Make other changes as
desired. Press ok twice.

Please let us know if that doesn't work for you, as you may need to
install the 1-core voices, & I didn't go over that here.

On 4/30/21, Chris via groups.io <chrismedley=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
The most obvious thing to try is to restart NVDA and if that doesnt work
then RESTART the laptop

And finally if all else fails then remove and add the voices again

Hi folks. I have just changed my laptop and, on re-installing NVDA Windows
one core voices, I noticed I have not got David, Susan and Mark. Is there
any way of getting these voices back, especially David, which I used all
the
time? Any help over this would be gratefully appreciated.
Regards, Bill.

Bill Chilcott

Hi Jackie. I'm afraid that didn't work. That only allows me to install one of the voices that are already in the list, but my problem is the voices I used to have are not there. So therefore I need to download the extra voices. Can you give me a step by step guide as to how to do this. Thanks for your help so far.
Bill.

Hi folks. I have just changed my laptop and, on re-installing NVDA Windows
one core voices, I noticed I have not got David, Susan and Mark. Is there
any way of getting these voices back, especially David, which I used all
the
time? Any help over this would be gratefully appreciated.
Regards, Bill.

Jackie

Hello, Bill. Please do the folowing:
1) Go to settings (windows key + i) then to 'time & language' & press enter.
2) From there, arrow down to 'speech' & press enter.
3) Tab to the 'add voices' button & activate.
4) Arrow down through the voice languages, press spacebar on the 1 you
want, then tab to the 'add' button & activate it.

On 5/1/21, Bill Chilcott via groups.io
<maybill=btopenworld.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Jackie. I'm afraid that didn't work. That only allows me to install one
of the voices that are already in the list, but my problem is the voices I
used to have are not there. So therefore I need to download the extra
voices. Can you give me a step by step guide as to how to do this. Thanks
for your help so far.
Bill.

Hi folks. I have just changed my laptop and, on re-installing NVDA
Windows
one core voices, I noticed I have not got David, Susan and Mark. Is there
any way of getting these voices back, especially David, which I used all
the
time? Any help over this would be gratefully appreciated.
Regards, Bill.

What I'm about to propose is not NVDA-specific, because this issue is not likely NVDA-specific.  I use MS David and it should "come with" under a correctly functioning Windows 10 installation in "out of the box" state.  That it's not there suggests a Windows 10 corruption of some sort.  And the way I'd try to solve this particular issue with missing voices is, in order:

1. Using SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) to Repair Windows 8 & 10

2. Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

Bill Chilcott

Hi Jackie. Thank-you so much for your excellent step by step instructions. I now have all the voices I want. You're a star!
All best wishes.
Bill.