NVDA mouse tracking problem

Hello NVAccess  !

My name is: Najaf

From: Pakistan

I am using NVDA-2022.1

I have a problem, related to Mouse tracking

I have some ability to look at the screen

That's why I need mouse tracking

I have a lot of problems in my work that is why I want you to solve it

                <Mouse tracking>

It sometimes stops working

This problem is also common in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

I tried hard to solve this problem on my own but I failed every time. Please help me solve my problem.!.

I will be very grateful for your kindness.😊

Thank You!

Have a super day

Gene

If you can see enough to use a physical mouse, that will solve the problem.  On web pages, there are times when you can't move the mouse to your current location, using NVDA to move it.  I don't know what other problems you are having but perhaps you are encountering other times when you can't do that either.  A ;physical mouse won't have such problems.

Gene

On 7/10/2022 4:59 AM, ( NAJAF . Naqvi ) wrote:

Hello NVAccess  !

My name is: Najaf

From: Pakistan

I am using NVDA-2022.1

I have a problem, related to Mouse tracking

I have some ability to look at the screen

That's why I need mouse tracking

I have a lot of problems in my work that is why I want you to solve it

                <Mouse tracking>

It sometimes stops working

This problem is also common in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

I tried hard to solve this problem on my own but I failed every time. Please help me solve my problem.!.

I will be very grateful for your kindness.😊

Thank You!

Have a super day

Sarah k Alawami

You are unclear as to what you attempted to solve this issue you are having. Can you please be a bit more clear as to what steps you took to try and rectify the problem,  otherwise we cannot help you.

Thanks.

On Sun, Jul 10, 2022 at 11:33 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
You are unclear as to what you attempted to solve this issue you are having.
-
Also even describing what was expected versus what is actually happening.

This is another situation where supplying a URL for a page where the issue occurs predictably is really essential, along with a description of what is actually happening along with what was expected.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill

Good morning guys !
The above mentioned steps were taken to solve this problem.

1, reinstalling NVDA
2, Windows Update
3, clear all browser data
4, update browser"chrome, edg"
and more...

today I have
windows-10-21h1(latest)
MS edge : Version 103.0.1264.49 (Official build) (64-bit)chrome: Version 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I am sorry to say that all these steps did not make any difference to me. Please come to my aid.

On Sun, Jul 10, 2022 at 8:38 PM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
On Sun, Jul 10, 2022 at 11:33 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
You are unclear as to what you attempted to solve this issue you are having.
-
Also even describing what was expected versus what is actually happening.

This is another situation where supplying a URL for a page where the issue occurs predictably is really essential, along with a description of what is actually happening along with what was expected.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill

Sarah k Alawami

So what exactly happens, what are you doing to produce the problem.

[...]

None of those things will solve the problem and I have never heard a solution proposed.  As I said, for some reasons the virtual mouse does not move to the current navigation point when you issue the move command in browse mode and it doesn't do so in some other cases either.  Its unfortunate you spent so much time doing things that won't solve the problem.

The only way I know to work around it is to use a physical mouse if you have enough sight to do so.

Perhaps someone else can explain the technical reasons for the virtual mouse not being able to be moved in some cases.

Gene