Topics

NVDA no longer reading emails one line at a time

Clive Lever

Hello all,

I have noticed this morning that NVDA no longer reads my emails one line at a time. I can read the whole message from top to bottom using the NVDA key plus down arrow. But can’t get it to speak one line at a time by using the down arrow on its own anymore. This is a nuisance when looking for a link or a specific piece of text within a message. What’s to be done?

I’m using MS Outlook in Office 365, Windows 10 and latest NVDA. The problem may have started after I did a massive clear-out of unwanted emails.

Thanks in advance,

Clive

Karmelo

Clive,

Try NVDA key plus space-bar it will probably solve the problem.

Charles Borg

Gene

What e-mail program are you using?  Are you reading e-mail as plain text or HTML?

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2020 5:59 AM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA no longer reading emails one line at a time

Hello all,

I have noticed this morning that NVDA no longer reads my emails one line at a time. I can read the whole message from top to bottom using the NVDA key plus down arrow. But can’t get it to speak one line at a time by using the down arrow on its own anymore. This is a nuisance when looking for a link or a specific piece of text within a message. What’s to be done?

I’m using MS Outlook in Office 365, Windows 10 and latest NVDA. The problem may have started after I did a massive clear-out of unwanted emails.

Thanks in advance,

Clive