Topics

NVDA no longer says document review

mcLeod stinnett

insert 1 gives me object review. insert 7 gives me screen review. can no longer bring up document review. is this because it is now selected by default? no big deal, I never was able to tell the difference between object review and document review anyway, thanks.
--
from mack

Gene

You can only get document review in certain contexts, such as in a word processor.  You won't see it, for example, in Windows or file Explorer.  If you don't see it in contexts where you should, let us know.  Frankly, I never saw the point of it anyway.  Why not review a document using the application cursor?

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2020 4:50 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA no longer says document review

insert 1 gives me object review. insert 7 gives me screen review. can no longer bring up document review. is this because it is now selected by default? no big deal, I never was able to tell the difference between object review and document review anyway, thanks.
--
from mack

Ron Canazzi

Hi Mack,

I still get the document review when using insert + numpad 1 and numpad 7 in edit fields. In Thunderbird, once I turned on the settings using insert + main keyboard 6, 7 and 8.

When they are all turned on in edit fields, you do get the document review item in some cases.

On 3/2/2020 5:50 PM, mcLeod stinnett wrote:
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"