NVDA not reading all message content from Microsoft Teams notification mails in Outlook

Sylvie Duchateau

Hello all,

I now use Microsoft Teams every day with my colleagues to communicate and when Teams is not open, I receive e-mails notifications that someone has published a new post in Teams.

The mails have the subject lines : “you have new messages in Microsoft Teams”.

IN the message text, you can read who published messages, there is a link to the post and an extract of what they say.

I can read what they say with another well-known screen reader in Outlook, the mail application on my phone, but with NVDA, I only can read many empty lines, strange signs, but not the piece of message that has been published by my colleagues.

I tried to enable tables announcement by NVDA, as well as graphics announcements, but it is impossible to read the information.

Does anyone know how I can have NVDA read the whole mail?

Unfortunately, I could only test with Outlook, I don’t know if there is the same problem with Thunderbird.

Thank you for any hints.

Best

Sylvie

Sarah k Alawami

I also notice this as well. Sorry, I also cannot provide any examples due to the nature of what I’m doing. Is there any other way we can read the messages besides launching teams and finding the messages in question?