From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Luke Robinett
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2022 10:11 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA not reading aloud usernames/emails in Chrome saved password dropdowns

Latest versions of windows 10, Chrome and NVDA here. When I am logging into a website and the username or password field has focus, I press alt down arrow to access whatever passwords I have saved for that site. Normally each item in the list would say something like, “password for username1,” “password for email@...,” etc. (Obviously using dummy names for this purpose but you get the idea.) Now NVDA just says “password for.” I’ve observed this behavior in both the current and prior versions of NVDA. If I activate NVDA character recognition I do here the account names so I know they’re physically appearing on the screen.

Gene

Also, this isn't a combo box.  You can just down arrow in it to bring up and move into the list.  You may have to down arrow more than once.

I'm not saying that it is only in combo boxes that you would open them with alt down arrow, but in general that command isn't needed elsewhere.

Also, have you tried using read current line to see if the address is spoken?  While I doubt it, it is something that should be tried.

Gene

On 4/13/2022 12:32 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Just as a guess, have you tried activating the menu with alt then escaping out of the menu? I've been having issues with more than one text field as of late in chrome anything in general.

----

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFfP. We are also on lbry as well.

Stay in touch with us via our discord. This is an easier way to both contact us, and get to know your fellow listeners.

Latest versions of windows 10, Chrome and NVDA here. When I am logging into a website and the username or password field has focus, I press alt down arrow to access whatever passwords I have saved for that site. Normally each item in the list would say something like, “password for username1,”  “password for email@...,” etc. (Obviously using dummy names for this purpose but you get the idea.) Now NVDA just says “password for.” I’ve observed this behavior in both the current and prior versions of NVDA. If I activate NVDA character recognition I do here the account names so I know they’re physically appearing on the screen.

Sarah k Alawami

It’s an edit combo actually, so a combination of the two, at least for me. so I hagve to hit enter to accept the change but I just down arrow to see the what ever info is there.

----