Topics

nvda not routing correctly?

Sarah k Alawami

I'm using 19.2 but I have the same issue with 19.3. When I'm on a discord page, a page. in firefox, a page in google chrome, a non web app etc? I cannot route correctly. I might have used h to get to a heading which I need to right click, but when I hit nvda shift m to route, i don't hear where it was, and the thing never routed to where I wanted to go. I have to use object navigation to have it route, then and only then when I hit nvda shift m will it begin to route and I will hear that the routing took place and I can right click the heading etc. Is this a setting I changed somewhere, maybe?

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

Tyler Spivey

Nope. This is just something you have to get used to, because NVDA is bad at routing.

On 2/12/2020 1:06 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I'm using 19.2 but I have the same issue with 19.3. When I'm on a discord page, a page. in firefox, a page in google chrome, a non web app etc? I cannot route correctly. I might have used h to get to a heading which I need to right click, but when I hit nvda shift m to route, i don't hear where it was, and the thing never routed to where I wanted to go. I have to use object navigation to have it route, then and only then when I hit nvda shift m will it begin to route and I will hear that the routing took place and I can right click the heading etc. Is this a setting I changed somewhere, maybe?

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

Sarah k Alawami

Well, I was hoping that there would be a better answer. And ther has to be. If jfw is very good, nvda has to be as well, or at least better than JFW.

On 12 Feb 2020, at 13:36, Tyler Spivey wrote:

Nope. This is just something you have to get used to, because NVDA is bad at routing.

Take care

Gene

You might try this.  After you move to an item you want to route to, try the command JAWS key f5.  That probably won't help at all, but you never know. 

I don't know why you have this problem and I never have problems routing when browse mode is on.  When I move somewhere in browse mode, turn it off, and route, it often doesn't work correctly.  If you are in browse mode, I don't know why you have this problem.  I'll add that I use an old version of NVDA because I like how it works better in one or two programs I use a lot and I don't need or use newer features so I don't know if new or recent versions would have this problem for me.  I may try the current or a recent version and compare.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda not routing correctly?

Well, I was hoping that there would be a better answer. And ther has to be. If jfw is very good, nvda has to be as well, or at least better than JFW.

Take care

Sarah k Alawami

Nvda f5 did nto work. IN discord I got taken back up to the top of in this case my general chat. I went somewhare, then hit nvda shift m. I did not hear it repeat what I was routing to. I checked and the curser had not moved from the edit field. This tends to happen mostly in web interfaces but I've seen this in OBS, and even prepared.

On 12 Feb 2020, at 16:05, Gene wrote:

You might try this.  After you move to an item you want to route to, try the command JAWS key f5.  That probably won't help at all, but you never know. 

I don't know why you have this problem and I never have problems routing when browse mode is on.  When I move somewhere in browse mode, turn it off, and route, it often doesn't work correctly.  If you are in browse mode, I don't know why you have this problem.  I'll add that I use an old version of NVDA because I like how it works better in one or two programs I use a lot and I don't need or use newer features so I don't know if new or recent versions would have this problem for me.  I may try the current or a recent version and compare.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda not routing correctly?

Take care