Topics

NVDA not so laggy on File Explorer

David Griffith

Just to say that my initial feedback on installing NVDA 19.3 RC2 is that there has been a dramatic improvement in the lag that plagued  previous installations of NVDA when trying to open large file directories in Windows file Explorer (Windows 10 19.09 ).  This problem appears to have pretty much disappeared so far. I used to have to use the work around of loading Narrator to review file names in a windows explorer  window until NVDA would catch up and start talking again.

This was not a problem with other screenreaders.

It appears now that is also not a problem with NVDA – I don’t know if this was an anticipated improvement but I thought I would report it anyway.

David Griffith

Quentin Christensen

David,

Thanks for the report, glad things are working as they should again!

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Sarah k Alawami

I have a portable copy I'm going to try tonight. I do use some add ons such as OBJ pad etc. Is there a page thatlists the add ons that already work with 19.3 so when it comes time to install into a full copy, I can just uninstall the portable and go make a real copy? Or can I make a real copy from a portable copy of nvda..

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 4 Feb 2020, at 13:41, Quentin Christensen wrote:

[...]

Roger Stewart

You can make an installed copy from a portable copy and vise versa.  Think you just open NVDA menu and find Tools and Install on this computer.  While running your portable copy, just open the NVDA menu, then tools, and in there you will find install nvda.  This will do it for you.\

Roger