NVDA: NVDA AND OUTLOOK 2016

Christo Vorster

Good morning

Currently I am using the Windows OneCore Voices, the male voice. When I navigate with my down aro through my mails I find that I have to wait at least three seconds for a response. NVDA doesn’t read the next mail, or the name of the sender, immediately, as I was used to when I used the ibmtts voice.

Is there anything to be done, or must I simply learn to accept the frustration?

Regards

Steve Nutt

Hi,

For responsiveness, ESpeak is probably your best bet.

NVDA is not as responsive with One Core voices as for example, Narrator is.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

Currently I am using the Windows OneCore Voices, the male voice. When I navigate with my down aro through my mails I find that I have to wait at least three seconds for a response. NVDA doesn’t read the next mail, or the name of the sender, immediately, as I was used to when I used the ibmtts voice.

Is there anything to be done, or must I simply learn to accept the frustration?

Regards

Christo Vorster

Hi Steve

The Espeak voices are quite fine, but to me the OneCore voices are clearer. Probably only personal taste, but I’ll just have to get used to the delay.

Regards

Currently I am using the Windows OneCore Voices, the male voice. When I navigate with my down aro through my mails I find that I have to wait at least three seconds for a response. NVDA doesn’t read the next mail, or the name of the sender, immediately, as I was used to when I used the ibmtts voice.

Is there anything to be done, or must I simply learn to accept the frustration?

Regards

Monte Single

Hi, I am using  nvda 2021.1 with outlook 2016

When I move through the list of messages wit theh   arrow keys, I experience no hesitation;  well, maybe a fraction of a second.

This has been my experience with outlook 2-13 in win7 also.

Have you checked the speech rate for the one core voices?

Cheers,

Mont

Currently I am using the Windows OneCore Voices, the male voice. When I navigate with my down aro through my mails I find that I have to wait at least three seconds for a response. NVDA doesn’t read the next mail, or the name of the sender, immediately, as I was used to when I used the ibmtts voice.

Is there anything to be done, or must I simply learn to accept the frustration?

Regards

Monte Single

I got up too early this morning.

I forgot to say that I am using the one core voice Zira.

Currently I am using the Windows OneCore Voices, the male voice. When I navigate with my down aro through my mails I find that I have to wait at least three seconds for a response. NVDA doesn’t read the next mail, or the name of the sender, immediately, as I was used to when I used the ibmtts voice.

Is there anything to be done, or must I simply learn to accept the frustration?

Regards

Christo Vorster

Hi

I currently use the David voice and my voice rate is set to sixty.

I did change voices and also increased the rate since my first post. I must say that it has improved.

I suppose that it just is a case of getting used to it.

Regards

Currently I am using the Windows OneCore Voices, the male voice. When I navigate with my down aro through my mails I find that I have to wait at least three seconds for a response. NVDA doesn’t read the next mail, or the name of the sender, immediately, as I was used to when I used the ibmtts voice.

Is there anything to be done, or must I simply learn to accept the frustration?

Regards

Monte Single

That’s good to hear you have some improvement.

I use the Zira voice for most of what I do.

Currently I am using the Windows OneCore Voices, the male voice. When I navigate with my down aro through my mails I find that I have to wait at least three seconds for a response. NVDA doesn’t read the next mail, or the name of the sender, immediately, as I was used to when I used the ibmtts voice.

Is there anything to be done, or must I simply learn to accept the frustration?

Regards

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Christo,

As far as the e-speak voices, I like Max and Female 5 the best. I'm using the female 5voice and she's very clear. I tried the one-core voices and to me they're a bit sluggish.

Rosemarie

On 7/28/2021 2:09 AM, Christo Vorster wrote:

Hi Steve

The Espeak voices are quite fine, but to me the OneCore voices are clearer. Probably only personal taste, but I’ll just have to get used to the delay.

Regards

Currently I am using the Windows OneCore Voices, the male voice. When I navigate with my down aro through my mails I find that I have to wait at least three seconds for a response. NVDA doesn’t read the next mail, or the name of the sender, immediately, as I was used to when I used the ibmtts voice.

Is there anything to be done, or must I simply learn to accept the frustration?

Regards

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Steve,

I recently purchased the code factory Eloquence and it's very responsive.

Rosemarie