Topics

NVDA Remote

Ryan Fleury

Hello last week I used the e-mail link on this page https://nvdaremote.com/

To ask about an issue I am having with NVDA remote and I still haven’t heard back from anyone so not very happy.

I was trying to use nvda remote to connect to another NVDA user’s computer but when I tried to generate a key nothing happened so if anyone can advise me on how the nvda remote works to connect to another nvda user I would appreciate it.

Thanks Ryan

Ryan Fleury

Blindness Products Sales and Support

Canadian Assistive Technologies

Local 778-968-6847

Toll-Free ! 1-844-795-8324

ryan@...

www.canasstech.com

Check out our podcast A T Banter

www.atbanter.com

Sky Mundell

Hello Ryan. I have used NVDA Remote with a few clients of mine in the past and it works well for them and I. What I have the clients do is to go into the NVDA remote sub menu, and choose the connect option. Then, I have the clients choose allow this machine to be controled, which is the second radio button. Then you put in the hostname  put in the hostname, which  is
Then, I generate the key, and I give the key to the client, and away we go.
By the way, you can also create your own key by just thinking of a word, and putting the word in the key box and then telling the clients what the word is.
Thanks, Sky.

On Oct 29, 2020, at 9:08 AM, Ryan Fleury <ryan@...> wrote:

Hello last week I used the e-mail link on this pagehttps://nvdaremote.com/
To ask about an issue I am having with NVDA remote and I still haven’t heard back from anyone so not very happy.
I was trying to use nvda remote to connect to another NVDA user’s computer but when I tried to generate a key nothing happened so if anyone can advise me on how the nvda remote works to connect to another nvda user I would appreciate it.
Thanks Ryan

Ryan Fleury
Blindness Products Sales and Support
Canadian Assistive Technologies
Local 778-968-6847
Toll-Free ! 1-844-795-8324

Check out our podcast A T Banter

Sky Mundell

Oh, and as the person controlling the clients computer, you would keep your option on control another machine, which is the first radio button when y ou press the tab key
. Also, their is a radio button, which you default to, which allows you to choose between client and server. Keep it on client.

On Oct 29, 2020, at 9:29 AM, Sky Mundell <skyt@...> wrote:

[...]

Tyler Spivey

This is described in the documentation. What didn't work?

Try this on the controlling computer:
1. NVDA menu, Tools, Remote, Connect.
2. Put nvdaremote.com in Host.
3. Press Generate Key, or type your own key in the key field. You'll need that key for the next step, so keep it around.
4. Press enter.

And on the other one:
1. NVDA menu, Tools, Remote, Connect
2. Tab once and hit down arrow to set the radio button to Allow this machine to be controlled.
3. Put nvdaremote.com in Host.
4. Tab to Key and put that in, then press enter.

On 10/29/2020 9:08 AM, Ryan Fleury wrote:
Hello last week I used the e-mail link on this page https://nvdaremote.com/
To ask about an issue I am having with NVDA remote and I still haven’t heard back from anyone so not very happy.
I was trying to use nvda remote to connect to another NVDA user’s computer but when I tried to generate a key nothing happened so if anyone can advise me on how the nvda remote works to connect to another nvda user I would appreciate it.
Thanks Ryan
Ryan Fleury
Blindness Products Sales and Support
Canadian Assistive Technologies
Local 778-968-6847
Toll-Free ! 1-844-795-8324
ryan@...
www.canasstech.com <http://www.canasstech.com>
JAWS Certified, 2020 <http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
Check out our podcast A T Banter
www.atbanter.com <http://www.atbanter.com>

A.Mac

hi where can i get NVDA Remote  please.

--
Thanks for your time in advance.
😎

Chris Smart

On 2020-10-29 4:23 p.m., A.Mac via groups.io wrote:

[...]

in n v d a remote can you swapp files?

[...]

Chris Mullins

Hi

No, you cannot swap files with NVDA remote but there is a way of passing the contents of small text files to/from a remotely connected computer via the push clipboard feature of the Remote add-on.

Cheers

Chris

[...]

Thanks to all of you who replied to my nvda remote question, I think what I missed was the host name nvdaremote.com the next time I need to use this I will give it a try.

Thanks again.

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 03:28 AM, A.Mac wrote:
in n v d a remote can you swapp files?
-
With the advent of cloud-based file sharing, and tons of free services to accomplish that, I expect we'll see that feature dying out even where it's present as time goes by.

     ~ Kelley Boorn

Oleksandr Gryshchenko

Hi friends,
Dear authors of NVDA Remote, I often use this wonderful add-on and have already translated it into my native language.
I created the Pull Request in September, but it has not yet been accepted by the repository owners:

https://github.com/NVDARemote/NVDARemote/pull/224

If you could please tell me how the procedure for translating your add-on works?
Thank you.