NVDA Remote - Frequent disconnects and freezing

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

    What would cause the addon to frequently disconnect? it is fine on my pc to laptop. I was working with a friend in Kentucky and we worked for over three hours because it kept disconnecting.Sometimes it would freeze if I stopped to speak to the client about something. I say freeze because it did not give the disconnect tone but I still could not do anything from my end but the client still had access.
*********
family Times weekly Movie times

go to Doc's Stream
Ask Miss A to play family times on tuneIn
You can also find family times on OoTunes.

walking in VictoryI welcome all that are interested in joining our devotionals on Monday thru saturdays at 8am EST. join the devotion channel.
Also, there is a weekly bible study at 8pm EST in the Walking with Jesus channel.

Add the following information in your TeamTalk
host address: wiv.wrighthere.net
TCP/UDP ports: 10333

entry name: walking in Victory
tab twice and press space on Add/update

I have retitled this topic for archival purposes and clarity.  We've had, over time NVDA Remote topics coming out our ears, so a more specific title than "NVDA Remote," that includes something about the issue/question is really necessary now.

      ~ Brian Vogel

Well dodgy net connections could be this issue.
Overloaded lines etc.
Even though I have fibre, these days especially the net is really used.
Sometimes my echo responces take 20 seconds to come accross.
Data can take some time to get from place to place.
I have had a few things like that.
I am still getting the data at the right speed but its all from outside.
I suspect because of covid among other things the international
networks are just getting used.
So much of the net depends on cloud infrastructure well.
If thats not the case either of you could be using wrong channels for wireless.
You can get an idea of what everyone uses with something like
wifiinfoview from nersoft.
You will have to change your channels on your router yourself, they
are all different.
Then there is the placement of wireless hardware.
I have laptops and so do others I remote for.
Laptops are fine, but if you have a desktop and use a standard
internal card, depending where the unit is or even where the card is
you can get poor quality.
On a desktop I used the unit was close but under a desk under the user
the wireless card was at the bottem of the case and that was enough to
really play havoc with audio.
The user changed to a usb dongle placed on top of the same unit and
there was no issue after that.
If you do not use fibre, the same thing could apply with cable.
If you still use copper then they are not as strong as fibre, I used
to get noisy lines and broken connections needing someone to fix more
often than I would care for.
When I got the latest one 2 years back the isp simply switched me to
fibre and I got a better plan and that be it.
If you happen to use mobile wireless broadband signals and congestion
can vary widely.

On 21/06/2021, Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@comcast.net> wrote:
What would cause the addon to frequently disconnect? it is fine on my pc
to laptop. I was working with a friend in Kentucky and we worked for over
three hours because it kept disconnecting.Sometimes it would freeze if I
stopped to speak to the client about something. I say freeze because it did
not give the disconnect tone but I still could not do anything from my end
but the client still had access.
*********
family Times weekly Movie times

go to Doc's Stream
Ask Miss A to play family times on tuneIn
You can also find family times on OoTunes.

Get the stream guide:
http://www.wrighthere.net/FamilyTimes/playingnow.html
********

walking in VictoryI welcome all that are interested in joining our
devotionals on Monday thru saturdays at 8am EST. join the devotion channel.
Also, there is a weekly bible study at 8pm EST in the Walking with Jesus
channel.

Add the following information in your TeamTalk
host address: wiv.wrighthere.net
TCP/UDP ports: 10333

entry name: walking in Victory
tab twice and press space on Add/update

or
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfa8s6ragw0yltb/WalkingInVictory.tt?dl=1

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

I go direct. Only my iPhone and iPad and Echo devices use wi-fi.

[...]

What about your friend?

Is he direct to?

To test connection.

https://install.speedtest.net/app/cli/ookla-speedtest-1.0.0-win64.zip

or

https://install.speedtest.net/app/cli/ookla-speedtest-1.0.0-win32.zip

Extract the file, and from a command prompt do the following.

1. navigate to the directory your speedtest is in this is usually my downloads folder.

Command prompt usually starts in your user folder so cd .\downloads

then type

speedtest -p n

where p is progress output and n is none.

Final download and upload speed should be the same as your net connection is.

So for example mine is a 25mmb up and 100mb plan down so 100-104-108mb down by between 19.00-20.00 if on wireless to 25.00 up.

Your jitter and latency time should be low and your packet loss should be 0.

If you are rural you may only have 20mb down 10 mb up or if in a really remote location between 5-3-1mb down and anything from 0.7mb up to 3 or so up maybe.

Your friend needs to do the same.

Does this happen with anything else.

If you have fibre this should all work.

If its outside like some of my stuff is then there isn't much you can do about fixing it.

On 21/06/2021 12:49 pm, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:
[...]

anthony borg

Hi since I updated to the latest NVDA version, some add-ons are incompatable, one of the them is the NVDA remote.
Is there any other new add-on available and from where I can get it please?
Thanks in advance

Anthony

[...]

tim

Ok what kind of connection? A 200 or less or a 20mb download line?

The 20mb down line are more freequent for drops then a 200mb down.

A DSL line is the worst for anything unless after midnight.