Topics

NVDA Remote - some assistance please

Micallef Michael at FITA

Dear NVDA Users,

I’m an NVDA regular user and just recently I tried to help a friend of mine through the NVDA Remote add-on. My problem is this.

I manage to connect with my partner pc through the NVDA Remote plugin but for some reason I could see only my desktop or my pc programs.  I also tried to look for some good audio tutorials about nvda remote on youtube, but because these youtube demonstrations  have the famous background music and I find that disturbing because I have lack of hearing, so they aren't much help for me.

.

Again I manage to successfully connect to my friend’s pc but I’m missing something because I couldn’t see his desktop

Can someone give me some assistance in this matter please.

Kind regards,

Michael Micallef
Officer in charge of ICT Accessibility Certification
and ICT Training for Persons with a Visual Impairment

Foundation for Information Technology Accessibility (FITA)

Email:
Office:
FB:

michael.micallef@...
+356 2599 2343
http://www.fitamalta.eu

http://on.fb.me/1hCRTAx

Kindly consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail

Jesse Farquharson

Hello,

To be able to know what is on their screen, to be able to interact, you must tell the remote addon you wish to control the machine. To start and stop controlling, use the F11 key.

Hope this helps.

A good place to start, the NVDA Remote Documentation:  https://nvdaremote.com/docs/

Micallef Michael at FITA

Thank you,

I just discovered my mistake in the nvda remote. I simply forgot to peress the f11 key

.